Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Feb 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
Oh Really! ..Oh that ruins a dining experience then!..
Can I ask why? The ruling before was to keep your mask on till you were seated, now the new ruling is to keep it on till your drinks are served, then you can remove your mask.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linder View Post
Didn’t you have to do that here too?
..No not when seated
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Can I ask why? The ruling before was to keep your mask on till you were seated, now the new ruling is to keep it on till your drinks are served, then you can remove your mask.
... Because it would make no difference anyway,if anything they should move the tables further apart,For me once you are seated and paying over $100 for a meal once seated the mask should come off!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
... Because it would make no difference anyway,if anything they should move the tables further apart,For me once you are seated and paying over $100 for a meal once seated the mask should come off!
Their rules I suppose, you don't usually wait very long for your drinks to arrive anyway, then off it comes🙂
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I actually think its ridiculous to open a restaurant if they feel the mask must stay on until you open your mouth!...Surely then its not time!
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do agree this is overkill. Surely if the tables are correctly spaced then once seated the mask can come off as you will be (presumably) 2m away from the next diner. Obviously you should then put it on to move around again.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

This to me is not a nice experience! You eat out to relax and enjoy I would be stressed out sitting in a mask!
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I was see sawing about my August booking, particularly as we didnt want to be in the position of paying out balances whilst mask wearing at park was still looking likely. This personally just tipped us over into cancellation today. Final straw I guess
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Doesn’t sound good! If we get to go in August we have a private villa which sounds much more relaxed than hotels and restaurants at this time

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Their rules I suppose, you don't usually wait very long for your drinks to arrive anyway, then off it comes🙂
You have to be actively eating or drinking to remove the mask from what I’ve read so unless you sit holding the glass the entire time then I’d assume you can’t just take it off once the drinks arrive. More remove if each time you take a sip or are eating your meal?

Would certainly put me off booking an expensive Disney restaurant but that’s ok because there’s plenty more restaurants off site where I wouldn’t have to sit wearing a mask.

I don’t necessarily think this will stay in place indefinitely, once people are vaccinated (by end of July in the US) then I expect the mask rules to change. I think by August Disney will look better than it does now or they will be losing a lot of visitors. I can’t see fully vaccinated Americans still wanting to wear masks.

Certainly won’t be panic cancelling our holiday just yet.

Edited at 03:08 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List