Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 21 Mar 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Whats Your Favourite Sunday Lunch

So what is your favourite Sunday lunch?

Is it going out for a cavers, going to a local pub, making your own and cooking it for friends and family? Do you have a Sunday lunch or are you not a fan and would rather have chips and beans?

My favourite Sunday lunch has to be leg of lamb cooked in red wine with loads of veg and garlic, roast potatoes veg and Yorkshire Puddings served with mint sauce and a lovely gravy

Oh my tummy is rumbling as I am typing this lol

So over to you lovely Dibbers lets talk Sunday lunch!

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

heres one i did for mothers day. sous vide beef shortrib. 144f for 3 days then finished in a blazing hot oven to brown and melt the fat some more.

i rarely ever go out for sunday lunch. normally i'll either cook myself, or go to my mums, so have it most sundays, so if i go out, ill have fish and chips, or something completely different.

as for what to serve with it, a tray of roasted veg (carrot, parsnip, onion, garlic, potato, cauliflower, radish and whatever is in the fridge that needs using), a massive pan of mustard mash (enough for at least a couple of extra meals. portion into tubs and microwave to reheat), greens, broccoli and peas. yorkshire puddings if there isnt already too much food

(as i was only cooking for two on sunday, we just had steamed veg and mash)

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Roast beef from a local restaurant in Carlisle - Foxborough- absolutely delicious!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Its dinner in our house, we never have it for lunch as we tend to have brunch 🤣

I do a large chicken,
pigs in blankets,
stuffing,
honey glazed parsnips
Roast potatoes
Mash potatoes
Carrot & suede (mashed)
Peas
Gravy
I have crandberry sauce with mine
And loads of Yorkshire puds
because we love them 😂

I could eat this everyday!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Roast Lamb. DH has just gone to Tesco for our weekly shop. I’ve added lamb for Easter Sunday 🤞 he can get it!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
My favourite meat is Lamb, have told our kids that when this is all over we are going to our local Toby Carvery when they do Lamb as well as Turkey, Beef and Gammon at the weekend. To be truthful than buying a leg of lamb.

Melvin's is Turkey and we got a Turkey crown from Sainsbury's this week which we have put in the freezer until we can have a family dinner.

Lesley and Melvin
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Me it’s roast pork and all the trimmings the rest roast lamb
Easter Sunday has to be lamb with mint sauce home made garlic rosemary roast potatoes baby carrots broccoli Yorkshire pudding and gravy
DS3 happy to make it all from scratch but the mint sauce might be a challenging he says
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Roast lamb, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, green beans, roasted carrots, sweetcorn, stuffing, Yorkshire puds. My dd has asked for pigs in blankets so I’ll try and get some!
Old 9 Apr 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Roast Lamb. DH has just gone to Tesco for our weekly shop. I’ve added lamb for Easter Sunday 🤞 he can get it!
I got a huge leg yesterday at Morrison’s, every time I go in the fridge it makes my mouth water looking at it! 😂

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Theres a carvery right near my mums in Devon that we always go to when were back, its fantastic!

If we have a roast at home here we normally have chicken, roasties, cauliflower cheese, carrots and gravy.
(Beef is my fave but it's too expensive lol)

At christmas add stuffing, bread sauce, sprouts, pigs in blankets and parsnips if we can get them.
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List