Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 25 Feb 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile Mnsshp T&C ... bit harsh

So the day has come for tickets to mnsshp ( 1st time for us ) .looking at 15th Sept which is the cheapest day as well, so that's good
However in the t&c it says non refundable even if they cancel the party due to bad weather etc
Am I alone in thinking that this is appalling, ? Ok if I cancel then fair enough but if its called off by them , then you should get a refund as it a hell of a lot of money for a lot of people.
Has anyone ever had it cancelled ? Bearing in mind it is hurricane season , now I dont know whether to book and risk losing $360 or wait till we get there and hope it's not sold out , after making all our costumes etc
WWYD ?
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Lots of people have had refunds last year. I think that is just to cover their backs.

Last year I don’t think it was cancelled but some nights were a washout and shows/parades were cancelled. I read on here of lots of people asking for a refund which they got.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesdisney82
Earning My Ears

We had this booked when we went back in 2016, the party we had booked was cancelled due to hurricane Matthew we were given the choice to move dates or get a refund, we had a bit of a nightmare trying to get through to anyone to change the dates and guest services in the park weren’t much help but as we were staying at Old key west we spoke to the front desk and they rearranged a date for us and arranged a refund of the ticket money!
Lovesdisney82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
So the day has come for tickets to mnsshp ( 1st time for us ) .looking at 15th Sept which is the cheapest day as well, so that's good
However in the t&c it says non refundable even if they cancel the party due to bad weather etc
Am I alone in thinking that this is appalling, ? Ok if I cancel then fair enough but if its called off by them , then you should get a refund as it a hell of a lot of money for a lot of people.
Has anyone ever had it cancelled ? Bearing in mind it is hurricane season , now I dont know whether to book and risk losing $360 or wait till we get there and hope it's not sold out , after making all our costumes etc
WWYD ?
Book

Disney332
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

My (personal anecdotal) experience with Disney is that they have been brilliant with weather issues and special event parties.

MNSSHP 2017 - went with friends. Rained, no CMs knew if fireworks/parade was still happening (fireworks went off but later than planned, we had no idea they were going off so missed them, same for parade I think - generally rather disorganised), most of the characters disappeared, no special photo ops. Even trick or treating affected as all the outdoor locations closed. We left at around 11pm feeling rather disappointed. Read online that Disney was offering refunds/return tickets, so spoke to MK City Hall the next day and they gave me and my friends return tickets for another MNSSHP later in that month (September).

So planned to go to another MNSSHP during my trip there using the complimentary tickets. This was just before Hurricane Irma. Around that point my friends understandably decided that hurricane proofing their house was more important, so they couldn't make it for that party and I ended up going alone. Spoke to Guest Relations and they extended the validity of my friends' complimentary tickets so that they could still go to another MNSSHP after Hurricane Irma. (They went and had a great time at that make up party.)

MVMCP last year - first party of the year. Rained from start to finish. First parade took place in the rain (waiting for it wasn't very fun though). Camped out for the stage show only for it to be cancelled. Fireworks went off in the rain but couldn't see much due to the weather and rain. Second parade got replaced with something that can't really be called a parade. Tried to do indoor things as much as possible but all the outdoor stuff was cancelled and even getting cookies was hard. Ultimately was an interesting experience but definitely missed out on a lot as stuff was cancelled. There was a thread on here where quite a few Dibbers were at that party, and I think most of us either got refunds, credit on a gift card (this is what I got), or tickets for a return MVMCP.

I will add that I've been for several MNSSHPs and most of them have been really fun, it was just that one where rain caused the whole event to become disorganised and just too much stuff to be cancelled. If it was raining but not disorganised I probably would have been happy (this did happen at another MNSSHP I went to in I think 2016 where it rained but I still had lots of fun and got to do most of the event things).
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks to everyone who has replied, you have given me the confidence I needed to book it. I'm going to book for the 13th and that gives us the chance to reschedule if needed , excited to do this, in all my trips I've done mvmcp once ,but a first timer for mnsshp
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List