Notices

Old 5 Mar 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hollywood studios is difficult at the moment! I think a lot of people are struggling with their planning for this park! I read an article for these three rides and it said that slinky is the ride that gets through queues the slowest so to get a fastpass for this however If a couple of you aren’t keen I’d rope drop slinky for those who want to ride and get a fastpass for smugglers
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

A few updates.

Owen has bought our tickets for MNSSHP on 25th August. We've all got our costumes for this organised.

We've also started buying a few other things for the holiday, or rather, Owen has - sketchers, thinner raincoat, bubble carseats and a collapsable buggy that we can easily take on the flight as they're less bulky.

We're having daily discussions about FPs it seems!

Edited at 01:41 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
I'm sure you'll have a great time at the party! Look forward to seeing pictures of your costumes. I'm at that stage too where i feel like i need to start buying bits for the trip!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

HS certainly is making FP choices difficult. I've had a little shift around of my plan to give us three options for using FP there. The problem is that none of the tier one rides seem to be available straight away at 60 days and our first visit is on day 61 to try to take advantage of the time difference to make rope dropping one of the rides once we've got a boarding group easier.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I know it's been a while. I've been actively dibbing but haven't updated because initially I didn't know what to say. I know lots of dibbers are in the same boat as us too.

Initially, I was a but overwhelmed. When the government announced that schools were to close, I was devastated as this whole thing really hit home for me. As I teach year 6, I kept thinking, what if I never see them again? Plus, I knew in my mind, this could be our dream holiday gone and out the window. I barely slept that night and cried a lot. The first couple of weeks - working from home with the pressure of home learning and looking after the boys was a lot and I felt extremely stressed and hopeless. Owen is a key worker so was still (and still is) going to work and I was put on a rota to go in and care for any children left. We usually watch you tube vloggers all the time but in those first weeks, we couldn't bring ourselves to do it.

As time has gone on, I feel like I'm in a better place mentally. Although juggling work and the boys is hard, we've gotten ourselves into a routine. Some days are harder work than others. I'm enjoying my time with them but do miss the normalcy of the school day. I've only been in once but have some more days coming up next week. We both know that we are incredibly lucky to have what we do have and are certainly not taking that for granted 🙂

With our holiday, we are still hopeful it might happen but understand the chances are high it won't. We've decided that if flights are running,we're healthy and the parks are open, we'll go. However, we're also prepared to move our holiday to August 2021 if needs be. We can't do much at the moment as we've paid in full for flights, universal tickets and hotel. Our deposits for Disney and the villa aren't due until June so we can't really do much for now but simply play the waiting game. We're watching our fave vloggers again.
Adam Hattan is our current fave - he and Gary are so funny. Anyway, as the saying goes - hope for the best; prepare for the worst.

How is everyone else doing at the moment and how do you feel about things?
Old 17 Apr 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Glad to see you’ve done a little update! I think the first couple of weeks were the hardest but I suppose we are sort of getting used to the routine and the unknown! It’s sad about you teaching year 6 and potentially not being able to see them off as they move into their new schools!

We are in the same boat, I’m not an overly positive person in general so it’s hard for me to stay positive about our trip! They way I’m looking at it is if we can’t go this year we will go next year and we will make it bigger and better than the one currently planned and we will enjoy every moment of it!

I’ve recently discovered Adams vlogs! I love him and Gary 😂 I’ve been watching all of his old videos and Impatiently waiting is next vlog to be uploaded!

We have things booked but not everything is paid for as we wait until the deadlines 😂 we will see what happens but hopefully if we need to move it will be easily done as it seems Disney and universal are dealing with things well!
Old 18 Apr 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar83
Trainee Dibber

Hi,

We are in a very similar situation. We booked April last year with Thomas cook, then got cancelled and rebooked direct with Disney for 21 nights at Port Orleans Riverside but booked the flights with British Airways. Booked for 7th August originally but now going on 6th as it was cheaper flights so we are staying at a different Disney hotel the first night. We have Disney, universal, sea world, discovery cove and Mickeys Not so scary Halloween party tickets and have put so much planning into it as you do. I understand that there are people going through so much worse but it is still upsetting when you have worked so hard to pay for a dream holiday. We have paid for the flights up front and Disney balance is also due in June. We’re just going to see how it is by June and then possibly rebook and hope for free dining. Also I understand how you feel about the school kids. My son is in year 6 and is upset that he might not be able to go back. It’s such a shame.

Edited at 01:13 PM.
Wishuponastar83 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Glad to see you’ve done a little update! I think the first couple of weeks were the hardest but I suppose we are sort of getting used to the routine and the unknown! It’s sad about you teaching year 6 and potentially not being able to see them off as they move into their new schools!

We are in the same boat, I’m not an overly positive person in general so it’s hard for me to stay positive about our trip! They way I’m looking at it is if we can’t go this year we will go next year and we will make it bigger and better than the one currently planned and we will enjoy every moment of it!

I’ve recently discovered Adams vlogs! I love him and Gary 😂 I’ve been watching all of his old videos and Impatiently waiting is next vlog to be uploaded!

We have things booked but not everything is paid for as we wait until the deadlines 😂 we will see what happens but hopefully if we need to move it will be easily done as it seems Disney and universal are dealing with things well!
Gary and Adam are hilarious. I ordered a Mooorning t-shirt from Adam's shop the other day because I feel like I'm getting a tad addicted to them 😂

We're feeling more positive this week and hopeful but like you said, we just have to wait and see. At the moment, I think it's dependent on flights and FCO guidelines.
Old 2 May 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wishuponastar83 View Post
Hi,

We are in a very similar situation. We booked April last year with Thomas cook, then got cancelled and rebooked direct with Disney for 21 nights at Port Orleans Riverside but booked the flights with British Airways. Booked for 7th August originally but now going on 6th as it was cheaper flights so we are staying at a different Disney hotel the first night. We have Disney, universal, sea world, discovery cove and Mickeys Not so scary Halloween party tickets and have put so much planning into it as you do. I understand that there are people going through so much worse but it is still upsetting when you have worked so hard to pay for a dream holiday. We have paid for the flights up front and Disney balance is also due in June. We’re just going to see how it is by June and then possibly rebook and hope for free dining. Also I understand how you feel about the school kids. My son is in year 6 and is upset that he might not be able to go back. It’s such a shame.
Fingers crossed it happens for you. I'm sorry you already had issues because of Thomas Cook.

I've been in school a few days this week and having seen some kids, I've felt a bit happier. I'm sure year 6 will get to be the first year group back as they're an important year. I'm confident I'll get to see them before the summer but how or when is dependent on what the government decides.
Old 3 May 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I just realised I hadn't put in our ADRs or plans into my Dibb planner so I've just updated it with hopeful thoughts of my plans happening. I'm loving the August positivity post which is helping me stay positive and hopeful.

The only thing I feel this all depends upon is flights now. What happens in the next month I feel will be crucial as to whether this will happen. I have everything crossed right now.