Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 10 Oct 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Mouseowners IP address ban

Prior to being introduced to The Dibb I used to glean information about Disney/Orlando through Mouseowners.
Unfortunately the last few weeks every time I tried to sign in it come up with the message that my IP address has been banned by the administrator. Up until this week I would send them a message and within 24 hours I would be allowed access. However, I have contacted them over the last 3 days but still denied access.
Has anyone else had problems with mouseowners administration.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I’m not on there but I went on there to be nosy and it said the same message for me.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I deleted the Mouse Owners link maybe 18 months ago. Total waste of time and no news.

DVC News is far better.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I deleted the Mouse Owners link maybe 18 months ago. Total waste of time and no news.

DVC News is far better.
Still have it set up on my systems but if no luck signing in on the weekend I’ve decided to delete them.
I will be sad as have followed them since when we bought our DVC and it will feel like the end of an era.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Use a free vpn to bypass the IP restriction.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've never heard of the site before this thread but just taken a look.

The forum part of the site is powered by vBulletin, the same software as this site and the same software I use on a busy community site I own and run (not Disney related).

My site has been subject to a large-scale attack from China over the past few weeks which has led me to really ramp up security on a number of fronts.

One tool I used, although only temporarily, would result in the same message you are reporting. Unfortunately a few genuine users of my site based in the Far East were blocked in addition to the millions of bots that were hammering the site.

Assuming the site has no good reason to ban users from the UK, it may be they are undertaking similar security measures to protect their site, and you have been unwittingly caught up in that.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I've never heard of the site before this thread but just taken a look.

The forum part of the site is powered by vBulletin, the same software as this site and the same software I use on a busy community site I own and run (not Disney related).

My site has been subject to a large-scale attack from China over the past few weeks which has led me to really ramp up security on a number of fronts.

One tool I used, although only temporarily, would result in the same message you are reporting. Unfortunately a few genuine users of my site based in the Far East were blocked in addition to the millions of bots that were hammering the site.

Assuming the site has no good reason to ban users from the UK, it may be they are undertaking similar security measures to protect their site, and you have been unwittingly caught up in that.
Thanks for this information.
I knew that it was not something I had posted which may have upset their admin but it is a bit daunting that I am not able to access through no fault of my own.
I appreciate that I have been banned to protect their systems.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by mental4ever View Post
Thanks for this information.
I knew that it was not something I had posted which may have upset their admin but it is a bit daunting that I am not able to access through no fault of my own.
I appreciate that I have been banned to protect their systems.
It almost certainly won't be personal.

They could have put a block on a wide range of IP addresses at a very high level and you've just been snagged up in the same net.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I just went on to have a look at the site and I got the same message.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lindyT
Apprentice Imagineer

Happened to me too! Been a member for years. Messaged three times,but no response! Linda
lindyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List