Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 25 Jan 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Yesterday, when I went shopping, I saw foot long hot dogs and DH loves hot dogs so I had to buy them for him so that decided tonight’s tea.
Obviously, being veggie, I had to have a tiny barely an inch veggie hot dog.😂 Instead of a hot dog roll, I healthied it up by having it in a multi seed flat bread. I had sweet potato wedges roasted and a rather healthy salad.

And for anyone not watching their weight, here is DH tea.

He had onions, cheese, bacon, sour cream, mustard as toppings. I have to admit, I did have food envy!😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Day 28

No weight loss this week. I haven’t put as much effort in gym wise as I’ve been working late but I’ve still been trying to eat healthy. And even though the scales aren’t showing it, I’m definitely more toned.
Today, I’ve made a very healthy bean chilli. Loaded with veg and protein too. I had it with tacos, lettuce and cucumber.

All the veg that went in to tonight’s chilli.

Cooking on the stove.

And served in taco shells with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese and reduced fat sour cream.

It was delicious. But I have to admit, I’m craving a veggie burger with cheese, onion rings and fries. 😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Day 35

This week I’ve pretty much eaten left over chilli all week.😂 I don’t mind. It was delicious and I varied between rice/mini wholewheat wrap/tacos to keep it interesting.

Today, I have made this:

It was really delicious and less than 300 calories per serving. I did treat myself to some spicy crackers as a side.

I didn’t eat them all as they were a little too spicy.

For dessert, I’m treating myself to this:

A cup of Yorkshire tea with a dinky decker. It really is dinky.

2lbs lost this week! Which pretty much brings me to my target. Probably only a couple more lbs to go but I’m going to stick with trying to eat more healthily.
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Veggie pasta using wholewheat pasta. The sauce was made using onions, courgette, pepper, mushrooms and tomato with fresh basil and garlic as seasoning.

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post

Veggie pasta using wholewheat pasta. The sauce was made using onions, courgette, pepper, mushrooms and tomato with fresh basil and garlic as seasoning.
That looks really yummy
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
That looks really yummy
Thank you.🤗

It was really delicious. Plus lots of veggies so healthy too.

Today, I made a vegetable soup. I just picked up a pack from Tesco of ready made root vegetables. I added a large handful of kale for extra goodness and it literally took about 15 minutes to make.

Not had the healthiest week this week as we took youngest away for a couple of days so ate out a bit so I’m trying really hard to balance it out now that I’m home.😬
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I have to say I’m quite proud of myself for resisting the pizza that my children have just had.😂

I’ve made today: vegetable, halloumi and sweet potato pakora kebabs with garden vegetable rice, Moroccan hummous and salad. Was actually very tasty.

DH had the same but instead of halloumi and sweet potato kebabs he had chicken and bacon.
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Baked/jacket potato with veggie chilli and an avocado/baby plum tomato/feta topping.

I’ve totally lost count of how many days I’ve been trying to eat healthier! Still going though.💪🏻💪🏻
Old 8 Mar 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 65

Brief update

Today, we went out for a family lunch and whilst everyone else was tucking into the Sunday lunch Carvery, I was very good and opted for the burrito bowl. It has less than 600 calories. I didn’t eat all the sour cream as there was far too much.

I haven’t really posted much as I’ve been tending to eat the same things! Veggie chilli/soup/stew!

It’s working though! I’m down to 60.5kg. 💪🏻💪🏻 This is a loss of 6kg since New Year which in old money I think is about 13lb. I don’t look much different so who knows where the 13lbs was hiding! 😂 I’ve also started a weight training session at the gym to tone up a bit. I don’t need to lose anymore weight as I’m well within the healthy range now whereas before I was at the very top of the healthy range. But I’m still going to stick with eating healthy and trying to increase veggies/protein as it’s probably more important than ever currently to ensure I’m eating well given the news plus I don’t want to put on the weight I’ve lost!
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

A little bit of summer in a bowl.

Trying to boost my vitamins!