Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 19 Aug 16, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by temo_gemo View Post
I'm a size 18/20 - now I have no worries with Disney. Just more concerned with the rides at Seaworld and Busch Gardens! Any advice?
I managed everything at Seaworld and Busch Gardens.

I felt a little squeezed on the Cheetah Hunt at Busch but not so uncomfortable to not go on it a second time

I don't know about Mako as that want running last year but again all the rides were fine at Seaworld including Manta (my fave).

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KJayT
Proud to wear my Ears

I was really disheartened last weekend at Universal - I'm probably a little bigger than I was when I last came (4 years ago), in that now I'm a 22 (24 in a couple of shops) and back then I was a 20 (22 in a couple of shops), but not a massive difference really.

We had my nephew try the test seats outside Forbidden Journey as he's funny about restraints (he didn't like it as it turns out) and the staff member asked me to try the test seat (I've never got the test seat to 'fit' and I rode this last time I visited no problem). Needless to say, I couldn't get the restraint down far enough and was met with, "I'm sorry, we're not going to be able to accommodate you today Hun". I dare say I may well have fit if I'd have tried, but to be honest I didn't want to risk embarrassment at the ride load platform (and someone needed to stay off with the nephew not riding - we had originally planned to child-swap).

Then I didn't fit the seats for Dragon Challenge or Hulk - again, I may well have fit if I'd have tried to actually ride, but didn't want the embarrassment. I fit in both of these in the regular seat four years ago (as opposed to the larger seats). Either I've got a lot bigger than I thought (although my clothes wouldn't indicate that) or...I'm not sure?

To be fair, I have a large bust, which undoubtedly doesn't help either as I'm fighting the restraint in two places (to be blunt!) and I saw a woman with similar sized hips/stomach to me, but a smaller bust, come off Forbidden Journey.

I guess I was just disappointed, mostly in myself I think. Guess I'll just have to loose weight and go back again! 😉
KJayT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Morning all. I've read the whole thread, over 50 pages in all!
Whilst I wasn't worried, I certainly am now. I'm 5'9 and approx size 20, most of the weight is round my waist (yay, life) and about 46 inch chest (with the boobs!)

Last time we went was 2014 and managed to fit on everything but now I'm really panicking and I've never panicked before, it's bizarre!

Edited at 06:59 AM.
Miss_Shell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Got to admit I am getting nervous about the rides. Being a big chested lady am worried about my boobs stopping me from getting on rides

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Mobile

I have just got back (Sat) I'm an 18 to 20. I'm 5ft. Big chested and was worried. I did the all including HP and Mako everything at Busch. I was a little self conscious about trying the test seats but no one batted an eyelid. When it beeped on The Hulk test seat I thought it meant I couldnt go on until the lad at the ride explained I was good to go. He was very discrete bless him. I hope this helps someone xx
Ds4ljs is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bogtrottin
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
I have just got back (Sat) I'm an 18 to 20. I'm 5ft. Big chested and was worried. I did the all including HP and Mako everything at Busch. I was a little self conscious about trying the test seats but no one batted an eyelid. When it beeped on The Hulk test seat I thought it meant I couldnt go on until the lad at the ride explained I was good to go. He was very discrete bless him. I hope this helps someone xx
Thank you for posting this, it's really reassured me. I'm the same dress size as you and was getting a little worried about hulk, and Mako. Can I ask please if you went on Cheetah Hunt at Busch? I felt squished on that the last time and I am a little bigger now. Hope you had a lovely holiday
bogtrottin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Mobile

Hi Bogtrottin. Yes did Cheetah Hunt more than once😀 Mako was so easy too.
Ds4ljs is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bogtrottin
Trying for More Ears

You have so set my mind at rest! I know my husband would've been disappointed if I didn't go on Mako with him. Thank you!
bogtrottin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
temo_gemo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Anyone been on Falcon Fury?

September 2009, October 2011, October 2012,
January 2015, September 2016
August 2019
temo_gemo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by temo_gemo View Post
Anyone been on Falcon Fury?
I did in 2014 size 18-20 and was fine
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List