Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 Oct 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

TLDEWBMTDOPTT Day 2

Tuesday 30th May 2017
We managed an early start of 7am this morning as we were ready for our first full day in the parks. Breakfast was had in the room and we were off at 8:15am and entering the parks at 8:30am. We did the usual photos in front of the Castle – I have a plan to put all the Castle photos together so I can see the boys growing! We had a quick ride on Buzz as it's Doug's absolute favourite ride. Then a stop to see the Dragon under the Castle and more pictures of the decorations.

Then it was round to the Studios for the morning.

We were one of the first people in and went straight for Ratatouille. We've never been through the normal queue so it was nice to see the theming.

The queue in front

The queue behind

We were off by 10:20am and went to find Buzz. We were all very excited even if it did start to rain a bit.

Then onto Toy Story Playland. Parachute Drop was showing a 45 minute wait but the boys insisted on waiting and luckily it was closer to 30 minutes.

Slinky Dog was ridden with NO HANDS! Doug reminded me I'd promised to get him a lightsabre this trip so off we went to the build your own lightsabre counter. He was over the moon! We were also looking for lanyards for the boys pin collections but we couldn't find any they liked. I did find a rather lovely pair of Iron Man boxers for my own lovely Iron Man (no pics I'm afraid!). A cast member was showing Pete the remote control BB8 and spent ages chatting to both boys.

Back on round to SL and into the shop for lanyards and a SL pin. We got the lanyard but no pin! It’s the only hotel pin we're missing from the collection and I still haven't got my hands on one. Now was the time for a bit of a chill out so the boys put their pins onto the lanyards ready for a bit of trading, we had some sandwiches and I had tea. Lots and lots of tea. We also went for a swim in the rather lovely pool and fast slide – it was very exciting! Love a slide!

And back to the parks for the Parade and dinner. I know I said we'd be taking it easy on this holiday – this is us taking it easy! We actually stopped in the middle of the day. We headed straight to the back of the park as I'd heard that this was one of the best places to view it from. But first we had to ride iasw. We really do love this ride – the boys love naming the countries and we always end up singing along. We also always ride at the front for the best views! Then the parade. We managed to find a spot by the side of iasw and it really was an excellent spot.

After this we had a little walk round to Peter Pan's Flight which was showing as a 15 minute wait but took nearer 30. I'm not sure whether to ever believe the wait times! And then time for tea. We revisited a favourite Lucky Nugget and had fish and chips and a cheese burger meal to share. I of course let the boys have the ice cream. The entertainment was, as always, top notch!

At this point we were fading fast so we headed out via Harringtons for a spot spot of pin trading. I was a little bit put off the pin trading here as every pin the boys offered were turned down as a 'fake' which surprised me as they were ones we bought in Disney World or traded on previous visits! I said where we had got them and he did eventually decide he would trade 'as the children will be disappointed'. I think he maybe took his duties as guardian of the pins a bit too seriously and didn’t actually want to do any swapping at all. We also bought some pictures for the house while we were in there. It was a pack of 12 prints of classic attraction posters and we have them up around the house now.

Back at the hotel we chilled out in the room, read, watched a bit of TV and were all fast asleep by 9:00pm.
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List