Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Feb 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

Rentalcars

Just found a good deal on car rental on rentalcars.com for May using Alamo, just wondering if anyone has used rentalcars.com and done 'Skip the Counter'. I think it is open to anyone but just wanted to check.

I would like to stick with some of the more well known companies but the deal is as good as I have seen (£590 for 20 days in a STD SUV) but they do 8% TopCashBack as well!
SandLake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Rental cars is a big company so don’t worry about using them - remember though they’re just an agent and it’s Alamo you’ll be with (if that’s who they say) so the skip the counter is with Alamo (not rental cars).

I’ve used Rentalcars before - not for the last few trips though as they’ve not been as competitive for us - and saying that, don’t be afraid to phone them to see if they can do even better than the online quote as I have in the past and one time got a much much better price.

Also, check with Andy at discountfloridacarhire - he is an advertiser on here and if you get him on his site use the live chat function if he is about.

Dave

Edited at 08:06 PM.
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

Thanks for that, I'll do as you advise
SandLake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

I've used Rental Cars for the past two visits but only with Alamo on the first trip.

I did manage to use skip the counter using one of the booking references either in an email or on the website. I don't think its the Rental Cars reference as thats with them but I did find it somewhere.

Edited at 03:54 PM.
mysteryjimbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

Thanks
Old 14 Feb 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

We have used rentalcars many times. They also have a price match guarantee. Got cash back with quidco as well.
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

Ended up going with rentalcars.com and I sort of regret doing that. I feel I was misled about free cancellation because I don't have free cancellation, the car I chose 'allowed' me to pay a £60 deposit, I say allowed but that was the only choice I was offered and I know see that 'deposit payments excluded' is displayed beside the free cancellation offer so effectively a free cancellation costs £60! Also my 8% topcashback has not tracked and I think I can see where that is going to end up.
It is still a good price but now it feels a bit off.