Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Feb 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
We purchased annual passes today and were told that we could have a refund of the cost of today’s parking. As we’d left the ticket in the car we were told to bring it for a refund next visit.
Hello
What happens to the Fastpasses that you have booked on your ultimate ticket?

Do you still get to keep them? or are they wiped off?
I'm wanting to upgrade when we go in April. But we are there 21 days in a group of 4 so will have all our fastpasses booked...

thanks
Old 24 Feb 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Luby-lu View Post
Hello
What happens to the Fastpasses that you have booked on your ultimate ticket?

Do you still get to keep them? or are they wiped off?
I'm wanting to upgrade when we go in April. But we are there 21 days in a group of 4 so will have all our fastpasses booked...

thanks
Anybody? X
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Presumably the fast passes stay on your account but I can’t say for certain as we didn’t upgrade but bought the annual passes outright.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Fast passes and any ADR already booked remain the same.
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just jumped by back on this thread - can someone help me with the maths?
I paid £254 for a 4 day myw ticket. I will be going back in Nov and was going to buy another 4 day myw ticket. However I’m still considering upgrading so I can the free parking when I’m there in April and in Nov. Also to get the discounts on dining and merchandise. What would others do, upgrade or just buy a 2nd myw ticket?
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Think this may definitely be worth looking into at least for 1 of us. Last time I looked I felt it wasn't going to pay off unless we went 2/3 times but if only 1 of us got it it might be worth it for parking and discounts. Has anyone upgraded recently from the 14 day ticket? Wondering whether we'd be best upgrading from an ultimate once we've used a few days or buying an annual pass before we go. Can you even buy an annual pass before you go and of so when would it become active? I suppose the pain might be the 7 day fastpasses. Does the platinum plus pass include waterpark and golf or just waterparks?
Orlando 2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sixpence18 View Post
Just jumped by back on this thread - can someone help me with the maths?
I paid £254 for a 4 day myw ticket. I will be going back in Nov and was going to buy another 4 day myw ticket. However I’m still considering upgrading so I can the free parking when I’m there in April and in Nov. Also to get the discounts on dining and merchandise. What would others do, upgrade or just buy a 2nd myw ticket?
You might possibly need to work out the maths as it's all changed now as they've just raised the price of the annual passes. Conventionally, if you went at least 2 times in a year, it was usually more worth it to get an annual pass than two separate MYW tickets - but again everything is now slightly changed due to the fairly sharp jump in cost of the AP.

However, the free parking ($22 a day now I think? - not completely sure) is a significant perk of the AP, as are the merchandise (20% off most Disney places) and dining (10% off some restaurants) discounts.

Currently what I have for you is - assuming that you're getting your 4 day MYW tickets at £250 each and you're visiting for a total of 8 days and staying offsite and therefore needing parking for each day

2x MYW tickets at £250 GBP each = approx 700 USD
parking at 22x8 days = 176 USD
Total = 876 USD

Current cost of annual passes
Disney Platinum Plus: 949 USD + tax = 1010 USD
Disney Platinum: 849 USD + tax = 904 USD

So it's not too far of a stretch to upgrade to a Platinum ticket (which does not include water parks), and the 30 or so USD could easily be saved if you bought enough in merchandise or dining discounts.

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Think this may definitely be worth looking into at least for 1 of us. Last time I looked I felt it wasn't going to pay off unless we went 2/3 times but if only 1 of us got it it might be worth it for parking and discounts. Has anyone upgraded recently from the 14 day ticket? Wondering whether we'd be best upgrading from an ultimate once we've used a few days or buying an annual pass before we go. Can you even buy an annual pass before you go and of so when would it become active? I suppose the pain might be the 7 day fastpasses. Does the platinum plus pass include waterpark and golf or just waterparks?
If you've decided to upgrade to an AP I would upgrade as soon as you can - that way you can take advantage of the various AP discounts and all from the start.

According to this disneyworld.disney.go/passes/
Disney Platinum Plus Pass
Admission for a year to all 4 theme parks, 2 Disney water parks1, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex2 and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course3 (No blockout dates)
Visit all 4 theme parks on the same day
Includes Disney PhotoPass downloads*
Up to 20% off on select dining and merchandise
Theme park parking
3. Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course: Includes greens fee only; tee time reservations are required and are subject to availability.
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
You might possibly need to work out the maths as it's all changed now as they've just raised the price of the annual passes. Conventionally, if you went at least 2 times in a year, it was usually more worth it to get an annual pass than two separate MYW tickets - but again everything is now slightly changed due to the fairly sharp jump in cost of the AP.

However, the free parking ($22 a day now I think? - not completely sure) is a significant perk of the AP, as are the merchandise (20% off most Disney places) and dining (10% off some restaurants) discounts.

Currently what I have for you is - assuming that you're getting your 4 day MYW tickets at £250 each and you're visiting for a total of 8 days and staying offsite and therefore needing parking for each day

2x MYW tickets at £250 GBP each = approx 700 USD
parking at 22x8 days = 176 USD
Total = 876 USD

Current cost of annual passes
Disney Platinum Plus: 949 USD + tax = 1010 USD
Disney Platinum: 849 USD + tax = 904 USD

So it's not too far of a stretch to upgrade to a Platinum ticket (which does not include water parks), and the 30 or so USD could easily be saved if you bought enough in merchandise or dining discounts.

If you've decided to upgrade to an AP I would upgrade as soon as you can - that way you can take advantage of the various AP discounts and all from the start.

According to this disneyworld.disney.go/passes/
Disney Platinum Plus Pass
Admission for a year to all 4 theme parks, 2 Disney water parks1, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex2 and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course3 (No blockout dates)
Visit all 4 theme parks on the same day
Includes Disney PhotoPass downloads*
Up to 20% off on select dining and merchandise
Theme park parking
3. Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course: Includes greens fee only; tee time reservations are required and are subject to availability.
So the annual pass doesn't include mini golf - could I play before upgrading? We're onsite our first few days anyway so would have free parking for those days anyway for the parks.
Is it generally cheaper to upgrade an ultimate if purchased at a good price than buy the annual ticket? Like another poster I'd be interested to know if any fastpasses get cancelled if you already have more than 7 days booked? Has anyone any experience of this recently.
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

You retain fast passes and ADR'S that are already booked.
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jonny_b
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi! Is this each ?

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
AP prices have just gone up in price - by roughly $80 each.

UK 21 day Ultimate tickets officially cost £409 - which is approx $566. The Platinum Pass is now $904 (incl tax) and Platinum Plus Pass is now $1010 (incl tax). So expect to pay either $340 (approx) to upgrade to the Platinum Pass or $440 (approx) to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Pass. If you are lucky, you may get a cheaper deal.
jonny_b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List