Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi Kevin, yes your right, that's exactly what we will be doing! Thank you for the rucksack tip. We will indeed be taking a few items with us in rucksacks to Osaka ect and disney. Our aim is to travel as lightly as possible. I have found it very difficult planning the logistics and I think my biggest problem was up until now, I was only considering staying in Shinjuku and didn't consider anywhere else at all. Now I feel happier with my hotel chioce, hopefully other things will begin to stick.

I also wasn't sure where we wanted to spend time, or would hear places and then forget what I actually wanted to do there! Now at least, I'm sure that in osaka we want to stay in Namba at the Dotonbori area, visit nara for the deer park and visit the shrine in kyoto with all the gates that was in memoirs of a Geisha. In Tokyo, there is a long list.

In the beginning, I was also watching tons of youtube videos oohing and ahhing but not taking in where these places were lol! Now my planning will be much more focused and on a smaller scale, taking in basic phrases and etiquette and aim to get a lot more confident with it all. I have suddenly gone from 'I'm off to Japan next year' to I'm off to Japan in July' and am starting to realise I have an awful lot of planning to set straight Youtube will now be watched with a purpose! Thank you
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Hi Kevin, yes your right, that's exactly what we will be doing! Thank you for the rucksack tip. We will indeed be taking a few items with us in rucksacks to Osaka ect and disney. Our aim is to travel as lightly as possible. I have found it very difficult planning the logistics and I think my biggest problem was up until now, I was only considering staying in Shinjuku and didn't consider anywhere else at all. Now I feel happier with my hotel chioce, hopefully other things will begin to stick.

I also wasn't sure where we wanted to spend time, or would hear places and then forget what I actually wanted to do there! Now at least, I'm sure that in osaka we want to stay in Namba at the Dotonbori area, visit nara for the deer park and visit the shrine in kyoto with all the gates that was in memoirs of a Geisha. In Tokyo, there is a long list.

In the beginning, I was also watching tons of youtube videos oohing and ahhing but not taking in where these places were lol! Now my planning will be much more focused and on a smaller scale, taking in basic phrases and etiquette and aim to get a lot more confident with it all. I have suddenly gone from 'I'm off to Japan next year' to I'm off to Japan in July' and am starting to realise I have an awful lot of planning to set straight Youtube will now be watched with a purpose! Thank you

After a while it will click into place and then when you get there it will all seem much easier!

But anything at all you need help with just let me know!

I love japan more than WDW and I think will be back in 2019 after the kitchen re fit this year
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Morning Kevin would this one be a better choice

princehotels/sunshine...paign=hotelweb

As we need to go to pokemon world anyway, I thought it may not be so out of the way I really am trying to get to grips with all of this I really appreciate your help
Oooo that's the hotel we've gone for as well 😄 If you book direct with the hotel you can join their loyalty programme and get the rooms at a discount as well. Apparently you want to try to get a higher floor room as they have a separate lift for floors 33 to 37.
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rae21 View Post
Oooo that's the hotel we've gone for as well 😄 If you book direct with the hotel you can join their loyalty programme and get the rooms at a discount as well. Apparently you want to try to get a higher floor room as they have a separate lift for floors 33 to 37.
Hi Rae As quidco are doing 14% cash back it actually worked out cheaper to go through expedia. I did want a higher room, but I've over done a bit with holidays for this year so it looks like we'll be in steerage lol! I'll join their loyalty programme though It does look like a nice area/hotel
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyhead
Looking for my Ears

I don't know if it's too late but even if it is this might help someone else! I just stayed at this hotel about 2 weeks ago for 5 nights before going to Disney! The hotel is very well located with being on the ginza line it is easy to reach all the major sights with 0 or maybe only 1 change. The rooms are pretty small but I think unless you are paying a lot of money this is to be expected in Tokyo. With regards to Harajuku it is actually much easier to walk there in 15-20 minutes. To get to Disney from this hotel did take well over an hour but I priced a taxi that was going to come to around £80 rather than £7 or so on the trains. Overall a really nice, cheapish hotel that I would definitely go back too!
mickeyhead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi Mickey was it the sunshine prince you were referring to? If so thanks for that and thanks for the tips