Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Feb 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile Disappointed in choice of cars

We arrived at mco on the 20th Jan. we had booked an intermidiate car.
The choices there were mainly the Toyota Corolla or a couple of Hyundai Sonatas. We ended up with a corolla which seemed to look dated inside, anyway we ended up changing it the following day as there were some issues with it.
I thought there would of been more choice for intermediates, anyone else think there was lack of choice for intermediates?
Old 10 Feb 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JAL
Apprentice Imagineer

JAL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Which supplier?
JAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

It will also depend what time you arrived and whether they had a run of all the decent models. Or it could be just that the hire company has just limited which models it has to reduce costs to them.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

If alamo.. You can always ask someone in the garage to bring something else round for you or even a free upgrade if there's very limited choice.

Edited at 09:03 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes it was Alamo!
We have used Alamo for a number of years and usually get a suv or minivan this time it was just the 2 of us so thought an intermediate would do!
Old 10 Feb 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The trouble is we have become spoilt. From 1976 right through until 2010 I was allocated a car. What you got was what you got!
Pick a car up at a WDW Hotel and it's still the same and also mostly at the CCC.
My view is I don't drive a dog at home and I don't drive one on vacation.
Amazing what a tip does to get a brand new car in the class you have booked.

But OP you did get what you booked.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Can I ask what you expected?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We booked a standard or intermediate SUV (can’t remember which now) when we last went in July 2016 and there were literally 4 cars to choose from. All Jeep Compass (I think) apart from a Nissan which I would have chose but the key was missing. If that situation ever arose again I would be asking for an alternative as it was not the greatest car. It was really, really basic.

My DH would like to know whether there is a better time to arrive at the airport. Are there more choice of cars earlier/later or does it not matter?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Alamo had no midsize cars when we arrived on Nov 30th last (I think midsize is intermediate?). They told me to choose from full size instead, the first car I picked had no keys in it, we were tired so I just took the one beside it which was a Hyundai Sonata - great car, decent size boot, only thing I was sorry about was it being silver and not easy to spot in the car park.

My cousin arrived the week afterwards and they had lots of choice in the Alamo midsize row that day, she chose a Hyundai Elantra, again a lovely car, bright blue - easy to spot In my experience the cars up to full size aren't terribly exciting, but they are great value which to us is the important thing. Two years ago we had a 7 seater Town and Country which was a fabulous car and much nicer than my normal "go to" rental in the US but it was twice the cost of my usual midsize. We needed it as there were 5 of us because of luggage.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm not sure why you were disappointed. You got exactly the car you paid for. Or am I missing something ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List