Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

ID for Alcoholic Beverages

I fully understand the need to provide ID when having an alcoholic drink with a meal and don't have a problem with this, but does it mean I have to carry our Passports with us at all times or will a photo of them on my phone be sufficient?
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Disney's official policy is you need a government issued ID (e.g. driving licence) and a copy of passport (picture on phone is sufficient).

This is from 2016 I think but the signs I saw earlier this month are similar.
I realise it's not really readable on the Dibb so this is what is written: "Original passport, or copy of passport and a government issued photo ID. Copies of passports can be either paper copies or copies captured on mobile devices. Foreign driver's license or ID cards are not acceptable by themselves".
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh dear. I didn't realise it was 2 forms of ID - neither my daughter or I drive. Probably not a problem for me (oh the joy I would get if I was asked for ID!) but our 22 year old daughter looks all of 12.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
Oh dear. I didn't realise it was 2 forms of ID - neither my daughter or I drive. Probably not a problem for me (oh the joy I would get if I was asked for ID!) but our 22 year old daughter looks all of 12.
Don’t count on it... 70 year old man ahead of me at NY Giants stadium was asked for ID, he didn’t have it and didn’t get served... they didn’t ask me... couldn’t believe it...

Me and my Mrs, in our early 30s and we got ID and stupidly didn’t have it, they wouldn’t serve us. This was in New York again.

Maybe it says more about New York than anything else lol...

Edited at 01:05 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Reading the sign again, it says original Passport, or copy Passport and a government issued photo ID. So if we provide original Passport does this mean no second ID is needed?
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Reading the sign again, it says original Passport, or copy Passport and a government issued photo ID. So if we provide original Passport does this mean no second ID is needed?
Yup, passport alone is fine
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Lol. That is quite bizarre. I would however happily forego my cocktail just for the sheer pleasure of being mistaken for a youngster!
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

That's great, thanks dx4100. Some of the cocktails look quite amazing and we wanted to try a couple over the course of the holiday.

Another quick question if you don't mind. Can they actually refuse service even when ID is shown? I appreciate what it looks like when our daughter has alcohol with her meal as she really does look so young. She was offered crayons and a colouring book when we went into Pizza Hut a couple of months ago!
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

That's great, thanks dx4100. Some of the cocktails look quite amazing and we wanted to try a couple over the course of the holiday.

Another quick question if you don't mind. Can they actually refuse service even when ID is shown? I appreciate what it looks like when our daughter has alcohol with her meal as she really does look so young. She was offered crayons and a colouring book when we went into Pizza Hut a couple of months ago!
If you have ID and not causing a problem (drunk/had too much) I couldn’t see why they would refuse.
Old 22 Feb 18, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Yup, passport alone is fine
Sorry. No it's not.

There is this bit in the Policy and they do enforce it.

Please note: All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...d-for-alcohol/

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List