Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do you think they keep a log of your live chat? I'm just waiting on them saying oh come on...really? Again!

I'd happily check twice a day!
toots82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Do you think they keep a log of your live chat? I'm just waiting on them saying oh come on...really? Again!

I'd happily check twice a day!
I keep thinking the same thing. I've just checked for the 3rd time this week and I'm waiting for one of them to say "really, again?" ha ha
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The prices vary because they want to achieve a certain amount of income per flight, and also per sales period.

Let's for ease say there are 50 PE seats (there are more in actuality) and they want to earn £50k from the PE cabin, that means each ticket needs to sell for 1000.

However they have 10 reward tickets so now each paid ticket needs to reach £1250.

Then people book with group discounts or use miles and money or (like me) use the company negotiated fare that's about 60% of normal price (because we sign up to achieve in excess of X flights).

Each of them reduces the income received and means they need to make more from the remaining smaller pool

In reality what they do is they really over price the initial sales so they run a profit and then adjust prices accordingly

Remember though it's not just the cabin that they want to maximise money for, it's the plane, the route, the sales channel and the month - so prices appear to be random when in actual fact they are very very precisely calculated and refreshed on each sale or period change
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

Just logged in to look at my upgrade price to see that my Flight time had changed.
Only a bit, but an email would have been nice. Was 10.30 from Manchester, now 10.05, so not a big issue. It is however the second change, the first one was a complete day!
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Tiger, same here no email for me but DH (on separate booking) had an email and a text, go figure!
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiger431 View Post
Just logged in to look at my upgrade price to see that my Flight time had changed.
Only a bit, but an email would have been nice. Was 10.30 from Manchester, now 10.05, so not a big issue. It is however the second change, the first one was a complete day!
Same here just checked when I saw this. Oh well earlier to WDW it is 😊
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fairy Helen View Post
Same here just checked when I saw this. Oh well earlier to WDW it is 😊
Same here but it's my return flight affected, now going 10 mins later.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

so vh have now said to me, once my package is paid in full, they can ticket my flights and I can then (availability dependent) use my miles to upgrade, I know my ticket is upgradeable as I got VA to check. I wonder, if at this point I will be able to see the upgrade price on my VA app.
toots82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
diddldonna
Apprentice Imagineer

diddldonna's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
so vh have now said to me, once my package is paid in full, they can ticket my flights and I can then (availability dependent) use my miles to upgrade, I know my ticket is upgradeable as I got VA to check. I wonder, if at this point I will be able to see the upgrade price on my VA app.
Would be good too know this too as have enough points.

Past Disney world Vacations:
POFQ AUG 2018, OCT 2015 CR, FEB 2013 OKW, SEPT 2010 OKW, NOV 2007 ASM, NOV 2005 ASM, JUNE 2004 Offsite.
diddldonna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by diddldonna View Post
Would be good too know this too as have enough points.
You can defo do with miles once you've paid in full, you just need to check the rewards upgrades are available then ask VH to ticket your flight (but they did warn me that at this point it becomes non changeable etc. so must have insurance) it also depends on what code you were booked on in first place which the flying club happily checked for me. Mine is upgradeable but I think if it wasn't, I'd need to pay the diff to an upgradeable code first. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck