Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Help! Flying tomorrow!

Just tried to complete on-line checkin with Virgin for tomorrow and an alarming message popped up - 'international documentation failure'. Double checked I entered passport details correctly (expires 2027, used it 3 times before) but still no joy.
I checked my ESTA and that's saying authorization approved.
Any ideas?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

You'll have to check in at the airport, probably for security reasons.
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I've just found a thread on this on another forum and it you are definitely not the first.

The feedback seems to be if you check in at the airport you should be ok.

Did you book it through expedia?
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Talking

I think this may be similar to the problem we had with my wife when we flew to Florida last September.
If it is it means that you will be taken aside for an additional security check when boarding. I believe they do this with a number of people each flight?
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the replies. I booked the flights direct with Virgin as I've done previously. I seem to remember that last year on a Thomson or Thomas Cook flight my boarding pass had the dreaded code on it for extra security checks. Wonder if I'll always have to go through them, or is it just coincidence?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Thanks for the replies. I booked the flights direct with Virgin as I've done previously. I seem to remember that last year on a Thomson or Thomas Cook flight my boarding pass had the dreaded code on it for extra security checks. Wonder if I'll always have to go through them, or is it just coincidence?
I'm wondering if your real name is th4 same as someone on the no-fly list ? That sometimes happens
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Why is the code dreaded? It’s only a few more questions at the gate, and a sweep with the wandand if it stops just one incident on a plane then it’s well worth it in my opinion.
I’ve been done twice in Glasgow with no issue to myself.
However, a woman who was busy rubbernecking, staring at me and the security guard, walked straight into the edge of a door. The guard and I struggled not to laugh
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I'm wondering if your real name is th4 same as someone on the no-fly list ? That sometimes happens
Happened to my boss when he flew to New York about 10 years ago. Got taken aside by US customs and was held and questioned for about 2 hours. Turns out, he had the same name as someone they were very keen to find.
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I had the same happen to me last year- I was ‘tracked’ all the way through - I had to confirm my details at the gate, when getting on the plane, and had to go through extra security - even tho I had nothing to hide I did start to panic when my hands and feet were swabbed! Dh and the kids thought it was hilarious. There were approx 20 of us on the same flight who had the same thing done
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Strange update - just phoned Virgin to say I was having problems with online checkin and the guy told me I had to use Google Chrome!
Why you can buy tickets on an iPad but not checkin with one is a mystery! Looks like an early arrival at the checkin desk tomorrow.