Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 24 Feb 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

The Big Apple and a Big Ship! - Day 4 - Madame Tussaud’s & Cape Liberty for Anthem of the Seas

Aug 3, 2017 – Madame Tussaud’s and Cape Liberty for Anthem of the Seas

Early start as want to go Madame Tussaud's, get Vans and a bikini and then catch the ship.

Alarm set for 7am but I woke at 6 and couldn't get back to sleep, looked at iPad for a while and the woke H and had a shower
Whilst Harriet was getting ready I went to 'Fresh and Go' for breakfast wraps and coffee.

Left hotel at 8.20 and walked to Times Square on and Madame Tussaud's, we were 2nd in the queue and in just after 9 when it opened, out again by 9.45! Not as good as Amsterdam not as much interactive displays and reliance on other attractions which were upsells ! Models were good though and we recognised most of them.

At 10 went to find Urban Outfitters for Vans got the old school ones that Harriet was looking for. Spent a bit more time shopping and was going to go to Shakeshack but didn't open until 11, so we went back to hotel instead and checked out and then Five Guys for lunch before getting an Uber to the 32nd street PATH station to start journey to cruise terminal. It cost nearly $100 again by Uber or taxi so on recommendation from the hotel concierge we were getting the PATH Port Authority Through Hudson train to New Jersey and then Uber to the port.

The Uber dropped us at Penn station where Amtrak goes from not PATH so had to walk 2 blocks with luggage. However when got there and down the stairs it was easy and with the help of a member of staff we used our metro ticket and a $2.75 standard trip to get the train to Newport Street.
When we got off after 6 stops we were in a pretty town and got a Uber in a few minutes for the 25 minute journey to Cape Liberty cruise terminal in Port Bayonne.
Uber driver didn't speak English!

Arrived at 2pm very quiet and through check in and security really quickly. Room ready, took some finding!

I opened door looked through balcony door to see view of Manhattan - amazing !

Went for a walk to the Living Room the teen area, Harriet in the 12-14 group not 15-17 much to her annoyance.
Looked at the Windjammer buffet area and then over to Schooner bar for muster.

We had a trip on the North Star at 5.45pm but we were a bit far away from land and not much to see but we did get a good view of the ship.

I got a cocktail and we went back to the cabin to chill on the balcony whilst Harriet had a shower.

At 7pm I went to guest services to sort out our internet access and add charging facilities to Harriet's account, left her getting ready for the teen meet up.
At 8pm Harriet went to the Living Room for the meet up and I went down to deck 3 and the Chic dining room for dinner.
Table 211 by the door was a table of 10, 6 others joined me, 2 teachers from Connecticut, a married couple from New Jersey and 2 ladies who worked in catering in a school.

After dinner I got a cocktail in the music room where Wanted the Bon Jovi tribute were playing but I was not in the mood for music so went to the theatre to watch Rogue One in 3D, however kept falling asleep so finished my drink and went to cabin at 11pm.
Harriet came home at about 1am with pizza!

Hour forward so we lose an hour in bed, so I cancelled the Dreamworks character breakfast that I had booked for 8am.

Fresh and Go breakfast $16
Five Guys $12
Uber cost $13
Uber cost $20

All spending on the ship is cashless and charged to your room and on the final bill so I haven't recorded spending quite so well. However I had bought the drinks package at a set amount per day so was interested in how many drinks I had and how much they were so could check I was getting my money's worth! therefore spending from now is mainly drink and a few souvenirs !

Blue Moon beer $7
Bottle of water
Long Beach ice tea $13
NZ Sauvignon Blanc with dinner $13
Cocktail in music room $13
Soda x 1

Steps – 22,921 or 9.56 miles
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That bubble on the top of the ship looks amazing, Great views!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Enjoying reading along. We would like to do this trip sometime in the next year or 2
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow the ship looks amazing

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
The ship looks amazing!