Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Sep 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Luke Jaywalker View Post
Ah yes! That's a question I wanted to ask. Do I have to stop at the tolls and pay cash or can I just drive straight through the sunpass lanes without informing Alamo beforehand and they will just take the correct money from my Credit Card? I don't want to get in any trouble and have penalties charged to my card from driving through the wrong lane.
Not sure that you'll get many responses posting inside a "sticky" but I spotted it as I was on Forum Spy.

Your car will automatically be enabled for Sunpass. You need to do nothing as you credit card will simply be billed. All explained here.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Car...mes-p-517.html

You can of course just pay cash.

Mick

Edited at 07:27 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Luke Jaywalker
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Brilliant Mick, Thank you very much!
Old 14 Sep 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

As mentioned you can just drive through all of the Sun Pass lanes and they will bill you at the end. You don't have to inform Alamo.
I think the charge is set over a two week period plus the tolls you drive through.
The most I have ever been charged is about £22
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Cool

Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Category of car hired:- Standard SUV
Make of car you got:- Ford Explorer Limited
Hire car company used:- Alamo (brits)
Paid - £316 all in

Arrived at MCO on 5th October, went straight to the Alamo parking lot. No sign of a Ford Explorer which I was determined that I wanted. I went back to the kiosk to ask one of the assistants if she had a Ford Explorer and explained that I had always wanted one. She did a quick phone call to her boss and about 5-10 mins later after hanging around not sure whether I was getting the car I wanted or not and then one of the staff drew up in a Ford Explorer... great success! I gave $20 to the assistant that I had originally spoken too and off we went.
Very nice car with all the mod cons you could ask for including full leather interior, Sat Nat (although I still used my own Sat Nav as I prefer it)... with the option of Sport mode which I used all the time! Although I needed a few trips to the gas station but I was on holiday so hey ho!
The seats went flat in the back which was ideal for the cases and this was done at the flick of a switch.
All in all fab car!

Edited at 09:19 AM.
DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Great update DavieBhoy, pleased you got what you wanted.
Can you post the pictures in the 'sticky' for 'Post your car hire pictures here' then more people will probably see them.
Thanks.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Yeah, sorry I posted it in the wrong place but have added it to the correct sticky

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

This thread is really useful! Just to say thank you as its helped my indecisiveness over which are will fit our cases in!
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AP100
Getting Excited

Mobile

Does anyone have the update for what makes/models for each of the following are with Alamo from MCO. Thanks

4 Door FULL Size Car- Toyota Camry or similar

Standard SUV- Hyundai Santa or similar

Premium 4 Door Nissan Maxima or similar

And any tips or feedback on which is best for a big American style car that is different to the norm in the here UK.

Thanks
AP100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Haven't updated my post in ages so started to update a few things. Added a few newer car hire links and Car hire excess insurance discount codes
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi all,

Anyone had a Mustang from Alamo recently? Is it the 2.3 Ecoboost or the V6 engine?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List