Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Mar 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
clarebearuk
Dancing with Tink'

Haunted Mansion

Hi, I’ve been the Haunted Mansion once about 10 years ago and thought it wasnt particularly scary.

I’m taking a 4.5 year old and 2.5 year old this year, is it too scary for them?

Thank u.
clarebearuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

The ride itself isn’t too scary especially the second part of it - the problem is the pre ride build up can be quite scary for them and could put them on edge.

I’ve always made sure to cover my boys ears during the lightning and scream in the stretching room as he’s a little sensitive to noise
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dst87
Excited about Disney

I'd say the ride itself is not at all scary, and in fact quite jolly!

But the pre-show is a little scarier, and the thought of it being scary is often enough for children. Perhaps you could let them see a POV YouTube video of the entire experience so they know what to expect if they're gonna be anxious?
dst87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
kat90
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I remember going on for the first time when I was 5 and I was absolutely terrified. With a name like Haunted Mansion I thought it was an acutal haunted house and it was going to be super scary. I remember thinking I had the most horrible parents taking their child on a ride like that.

By the end of it I absolutely loved it and I made my parents take me on a bunch more times.

I agree with the others that the pre-show is scarier than the ride but the ride is fine once your one it.
kat90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Have to agree , I think the ride will be fine - it could be just some of the staff before the ride, some get really into character, it must be a highly sought after job at Disney not having to smile all the time LOL
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Our 2.5 year old was fine on it, just carried her and talked her through it pointing out stuff to keep her distracted etc! Was fine
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
clarebearuk
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your responses, I’ll def give it a go, don’t want them missing anything! Thanks for the heads up about the pre-show, I’d prob be panicking during that part if I wasn’t aware of it being slightly scarier. I’ll def YouTube it too and see what they think 😃
clarebearuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Agree with everyone, the build up is defo scarier than the actual ride. When we took our then 4 year old DD we explained that before the ride, you go into a room and its loud and dark for a bit but then the light comes back on. I thought it would be the surprise element of it that would scare her. I also picked her up when we got into the stretch room as the crowding in, if you are only at butt height is a bit off putting I thought!
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I don’t know how it compared to the Paris one but our 2 and 6 year old love it.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Before the original one opened at Disneyland they had sign for a couple of years asking for spirits to apply:

google/search?clie...v1-XAksuQeBiM:

They had to apply to the GHOST Relations Department.

You know your kids best. The pre-show could be scary for some.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List