Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 16 Aug 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Current issues v politics threads

I don’t want to join political thread but if I’m not signed in, I can see the current issues forum and it is interesting but when I’m signed in I can’t see it, I have been to user CP and the only option is to political Thread which I have no desire to do, the current issue has many holiday related threads and of use. How do I get on there signed in
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
You asked to be removed from that forum. You will need to ask to be put back into that forum.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
You asked to be removed from that forum. You will need to ask to be put back into that forum.
Did I... I thought I asked to be removed from the Political forum, but that was so long ago now I can’t remember. Can I be added as I’ve a few questions to ask on various threads
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
All done.
Old 20 Aug 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Sorry, this is nothing to do with Tinkerbell's original issue but has got something to do with the Current Issues subforum.

What is the Current Issues subforum supposed to be for?

Looking in it, there appears to be a mishmash of different things. There are threads on mask wearing, going on holiday, hold music, GCSE emails, A-levels, HMRC scams, Amazon delivery driver, etc. It's pretty much like the General Chat subforum, which has threads on quarantine, going on holiday with others, cancelling holidays, GCSE results, A-levels, dollar rate, and so on.

So, what's the difference? Is there one?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Anything related to the corona Virus current issues. It was renamed from the Corona Virus forum because of Google down ranking pages with those words. As the forum was called that it meant EVERY page on theDIBB had those keywords in it. Therefore causing us problems with google ranking and google advertising.
Old 20 Aug 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Anything related to the corona Virus current issues.
But some of those threads have nothing to do with the coronavirus. For example, the on-hold music thread.

And some threads, like the GCSE and A-level threads, are only tangentially related and there are threads about those in the General Chat subforum.

And then there are threads about people's travel being cancelled due to the coronavirus in other parts of the DIBB.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm not part of the 'current issues' forum so I only see about 10 new posts each day. I am guessing not much is going on regards to planning Disney holidays
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I'm not part of the 'current issues' forum so I only see about 10 new posts each day. I am guessing not much is going on regards to planning Disney holidays
Well, there are still several posts in the Florida Trip Planning subforum each day. Most seem to be about the effects of the coronavirus on people's holiday though - flights and holidays being cancelled, getting a refund after a cancelled flight/holiday, rebooking for 2021 or 2022, etc.

But, yes, less than usual.

Not surprisingly, there isn't a lot happening in the Florida Theme Parks subforum though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 21 Aug 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Anything related to the corona Virus current issues. It was renamed from the Corona Virus forum because of Google down ranking pages with those words. As the forum was called that it meant EVERY page on theDIBB had those keywords in it. Therefore causing us problems with google ranking and google advertising.
Also, sorry, I meant to say thank you for explaining what the Current Issues subforum area was for.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~