Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I was in the August 2020 thread and I will join you all here too!

We have had several dates cancelled so far and I’m about to cancel my January trip that was booked before the pandemic 😭 We have April/May booked and booking July/August too. We had our August 2020 West Coast & Hawaii trip cancelled and we are postponing that until 2022, so Florida here we come! (Again).

We have Avios flights and DVC points, so hoping to use those up before they expire. We might also book Universal with hotel and possibly a villa for a week as my boys love a villa.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We moved our June 2020 holiday to August 2021 I get more positive week by week that we'll get there next year. Not booked flights yet as still considering if we should fly into Tampa and start our holiday with a few days on Anna Maria Island then move across to a Universal Hotel for the remainder of our first week. Villa booking at Calabay Parc already moved from last year for 2 weeks 😃
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Julieb89 View Post
Some days I’m feeling excited and other days I’m feeling like I’m investing a lot of energy into something that might not happen. I suppose this is just the way it’s going to be until we know what happens in the new year?
This is exactly how I feel...we are booked to go in July '21 which we moved from July this year.

But we've decided if the plane is going & we are allowed to be on it we definitely will be...if we have to rejig our plans because masks are still a requirement then we will but after this wretched year we just need to be able to escape to our favourite place
Old 11 Nov 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Yay so pleased to see so many positive people

We have booked flights with BA but can change these or cancel them and take a voucher up to check in day, also booked the universal hotel with Expedia so can cancel that with no charges

One thing I have just thought of, and yes I know I should have sorted it out before booking flights but has anyone found good travel insurance with COVID cover?
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mrslfc View Post
Yay so pleased to see so many positive people

We have booked flights with BA but can change these or cancel them and take a voucher up to check in day, also booked the universal hotel with Expedia so can cancel that with no charges

One thing I have just thought of, and yes I know I should have sorted it out before booking flights but has anyone found good travel insurance with COVID cover?
Staysure Comprehensive will cover you for cancellation due to you catching Covid within 14 days of travel. They also provide unlimited medical costs if you get ill with it abroad UNLESS you travel against FCO advice.

Some Dibbers have posted some companies who will cover unconditional Covid cancellation costs but I can't recall who.

Mick
Old 11 Nov 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Staysure Comprehensive will cover you for cancellation due to you catching Covid within 14 days of travel. They also provide unlimited medical costs if you get ill with it abroad UNLESS you travel against FCO advice.

Some Dibbers have posted some companies who will cover unconditional Covid cancellation costs but I can't recall who.

Mick
Brilliant thanks so much I will have a look at them
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mrslfc View Post
Brilliant thanks so much I will have a look at them
We're both 74 and post-cancer so we do pay quite a big annual premium but they've been cheapest for us for about 4 years.

Mick
Old 11 Nov 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

We are rebooked as well for August, not planning Disney going to do a split stay at Hyatt Grand Regency and Sandpearl in Clearwater. Can't wait

Edited at 03:08 PM.
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We booked yesterday and I’m super positive! Our agent said to us that a couple of weeks ago they tested the fireworks in the middle of the night now knowing how much they cost I can’t imagine they were testing them without the thought of potentially bringing them back!
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have booked for July 21;but just doing Universal
Really hopeful now that this will go ahead
If we have to wear masks then so be it
Need something to look forward to and with the vaccine announcement and still 8 months to go things are going the right way
Derbydave4 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List