Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Nov 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

It's not something that you pay extra for. It's built into the cost of the flight.

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
How much is it in Dublin to do this?
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Coventry , and we also have great motorway links .
We love TUI for our Florida trips so BHX is always first choice although I think that will change when they move to Melbourne in 2022. . Otherwise we do AL via BHX or Manchester if it’s the right price after factoring in parking/hotel costs !
Yep the cost is a big factor.
We're in Lincoln but always flew with TC or Virgin from Manchester as it was so much cheaper than East Midlands with TUI, not enough luggage allowance either, I'm greedy with my shopping 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This would be excellent- some much needed competition to Virgin.

Also I go to Ireland a lot and it would be good to have full size faster planes like Ryanair do- I’m always on a Stobart one when I go with AL.
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Found this

simpleflying/aer-lingus-...er-us-flights/
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This is a great article- TC going under lost 165000 seats to Orlando alone from Man.

anna.aero/2020/11/12/aer...s-most-likely/
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great info thanks for posting YT.
Some real hope that Manchester moves forward again with trans atlantic options and competition.

Exciting possibilities
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I hope this speeds up the return of a direct MAN-LAS flight.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by N52939 View Post
It's not something that you pay extra for. It's built into the cost of the flight.
So when you book your flight, it is an option you pick? Since all seats aren't sold at once and everyone may not pick for pre clearance you may not get it at the airport?

Sorry for the questions but it's the first time i have heard of it. I take it there is no chance of being able to do it on my flight that's already been booked for December 2021 if Manchester start to roll it out before?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
So when you book your flight, it is an option you pick? Since all seats aren't sold at once and everyone may not pick for pre clearance you may not get it at the airport?

Sorry for the questions but it's the first time i have heard of it. I take it there is no chance of being able to do it on my flight that's already been booked for December 2021 if Manchester start to roll it out before?
There’s little chance it’s coming to Manchester anytime soon.

They have to do a deal with the US authorities, set up US customs in the airport and US customs officers actually come and live here.

There was talk for years of Man being the next airport to do it after Dublin but that all went very quiet.

It would be a boon if they did it but I think we would be hearing stories of it progressing if it was happening. Last anyone heard in the media was around 2018 when it was said it was in doubt.

I could be wrong though.

If you ever go to the one in Dublin it is in its own area down an escalator- great big US flag as you go into it. The flight then lands in US as a domestic flight. So if it ever comes in, it’s not an option you would just do it.

Edited at 08:17 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
There’s little chance it’s coming to Manchester anytime soon.

They have to do a deal with the US authorities, set up US customs in the airport and US customs officers actually come and live here.

There was talk for years of Man being the next airport to do it after Dublin but that all went very quiet.

It would be a boon if they did it but I think we would be hearing stories of it progressing if it was happening.

I could be wrong though.

If you ever go to the one in Dublin it is in its own area down an escalator- great big US flag as you go into it. The flight then lands in US as a domestic flight. So if it ever comes in, it’s not an option you would just do it.
So basically if Manchester did end up doing this, any flight going to the USA does it? It's automatic and you have no choice?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List