Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 3 Dec 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Has anyone used Double boxed Toys?

I discovered this website back in October and ordered a Loungefly bag for my daughter. The description said it would be shipped between 7-21 working days. When it didn't arrive I messaged customer services who said end of November. again it didn't arrive, so another message sent they said they would get back to me with a date so didn't. I FB messaged one of the owners asked as he had advertised they have purchased £350000 worth of Disney park items could he please get my bag too in time for Christmas. He messaged back saying my bag was a pre order. I sent him a pic of the description of the item I ordered.

This is when he turned NASTY ..he said I was threatening him..WOW I only asked where the bag was..he used FOUL language and has since issued a refund. I was shocked by his behaviour. Further research and WOW there's groups against this online store and even you tube videos. They seem to treat people very badly . Think I am still in shock .
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow, sorry to hear you experienced this. Hopefully this saves at least one other not experiencing the same.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Wow, sorry to hear you experienced this. Hopefully this saves at least one other not experiencing the same.
Thank you ... I don't usually get too annoyed by this sort of thing but today I found the experience quite upsetting . The fact that he said I was threatening him ..I only sent him picture of the description. Thank goodness It was only a small purchase around £60. I nearly purchased a Dooney at a few hundred pounds !
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm having issues with them too although not abusive.
I ordered a spirit jersey on 17th October and I'm still waiting. Today they offered anything else instead but this is the only item I wanted. I think I'm going to have to ask for a refund.
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneyfans View Post
I'm having issues with them too although not abusive.
I ordered a spirit jersey on 17th October and I'm still waiting. Today they offered anything else instead but this is the only item I wanted. I think I'm going to have to ask for a refund.
Aww I am sorry to hear this, its so disappointing. I saw the selection of spirit jerseys they had, but then saw on the FB Loungefly they run that people are having issues with them. The customer service kept offering me other items etc but it only got nasty when I messaged the guy that seems to promote them. I found some interesting videos on you tube about them too. Its a shame as they seem to have some good park merchandise .
Old 4 Dec 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

I ordered the animal print Dooney bag at the beginning of October. It also said despatch within 7 to 14 days. It was a gift for my birthday so I thought great it will be here more or less in time.
I fb messaged them after 2 weeks as they had taken payment and still no bag. They said it too was a pre order. However it did not say that upon ordering. I was a little concerned at this time as it was then showing on the website as sold out.
Another week went past and I messaged again. They said it was held up at customs and should be with me in another week or so.
I did eventually receive it after about 5 weeks. They didn’t always contact me back when they said they would and we’re not particularly helpful at times but they were never abusive.

I won’t be rushing to order from them again
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Thanks for the information, was considering ordering but this does put me off.
Any company can have issues but the way they deal with them speaks volumes.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

I ordered a Haunted Mansion Dooney in October, It had a 7-14 day despatch time, it was posted a couple of days after I ordered and I was very impressed as it arrived much quicker than I expected.

Having read this it will make me think twice because ordering again.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Thankfully everything I ordered from them came when it was supposed to come. I have however since read a lot of awful things about them and wouldn’t have ordered had I read those things first. They aren’t an official loungefly retailer and loungefly kind of warned people off them and encouraged people to buy with official retailers when DBT started to advertise pre-orders for loungefly bags.
Old 4 Dec 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've ordered a few times and haven't had any issues but I have read some horror stories about them and have seen the FB groups against them. Loungefly also dropped them from their retail list.