Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 13, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
In a similar manner if someone asks what is the legal allowance for bringing goods into the UK from the USA it doesn't call for someone to posts they always bring more.
That is why we say DO NOT POST ON IT. Report it and IF we decide to remove it, we will. IF we decide not to then you have to accept that and deal with it WITHOUT posting on that thread. You cannot at that point go on to tell them they are wrong as all that will do is cause an argument which is EXACTLY what we do not want on theDIBB.

Also please do not expect it to be removed the instant it is reported. The mods might be dealing with something else. It might take a few hours if the mods need to clarify something and read a massive long thread to see exactly what caused the issue.

Also I have seen posts saying that mods should have removed this. We probably have not seen it. We do not read every post. Report it instead of posting it should not be allowed.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 13, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
I think what Heather is getting at is, we have bans on threads like taking children out of school. Like tipping, threads like that descend into a debate. Ultimately both are created with a view of saving money. I guess it would save moderating time if you banned both.
A new member, first time visitor to Florida, posts a genuine question/concern on Tipping and suddenly finds their thread closed, that isn't very friendly.

We shouldn't have to ban a subject just because certain members take the subject and turn it into a personal attack.

We will be tackling the members that cause these sort of threads to be closed rather than banning carte blanche certain subjects. This is going to be more work for us in the beginning but it will allow us to identify and weed out those members causing problems for the other 99.99% of members
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NicolaFred
Imagineer

NicolaFred's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Agree 100% with the opening post, and it's a shame you had to post it. I've felt like the forum was getting spoiled which is why I stay clear of chat and news (I'd be happy for that to be deleted, but that's just my personal opinion) and I feel I'm 'safe' in other parts of the forum. So thank you for hopefully heading towards a happier forum.

And a point on tricky subjects, if someone is asking a question, it should be answered, and when it's answered leave it at that, I don't understand why people need to victimise and start arguments on what is essentially a forum about people planning a Disney holiday, its madness.

Edited at 03:03 PM.
NicolaFred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
On the forum I run (that is nothing to do with Disney or holiday planning) I have a 'Moderating Decisions' forum. It can only be posted to my moderators and admins and replies are not permitted.

As the name suggests, it is used to post moderating decisions in the spirit of full transparency. It helps users who might wonder why a particular user has 'disappeared' and helps to stop lots of subsequent threads "Does anyone know what happened to XXXXX?" and the like. It also helps to set the tone with examples of behaviour that is not deemed suitable for the site, hopefully providing guidance for others.

It's not used for minor moderating decisions, such as the odd infraction, but more significant actions.

It's something you might want to think about as I've had it in place for some years and I genuinely think it helps keep the site on track.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you, all sounds very sensible.

There's a difference between "cheating the system" posts eg. can I get away with not buying my 4 year old a ticket because they 're small for their age and only look 2
can I say my 12 year old is 9 at a Disney buffet because they only look 9,
I'm offsite this year, but can I take back my old (Disney) refill mug and use it when I visit Disney resorts this year?

and

"I don't tip 15% on principle" post:

the first few examples are obviously against the rules, and should not be condoned on here,

the tipping post is that person's view of another countries' custom and practice: others more than likely have a different perspective on it, but at the end of the day what that person does (a) doesn't concern others who choose to act differently and (b) it isn't breaking any rules or laws.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

i haver read the above post

thank-you

in order to avoid posting in banned subjects
am i right in thinking all posts relating to
Tipping
kids taking holidays when off school
etc are banned or are you just asking for 'posters' to be mindful of causing upset on these topics

also there have been posts lately about large groups of foreign travellers ruining peoples experiences in the parks.

I deem these to be racist as they 'describe' the persons country of origin (which isn't necessary, it is enough to describe them as large groups of students, the description of nationality isn't really needed) and am very offended by them i did expect these to be moderated closely too as they are aimed at particular cultures.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

All seems fair to me.
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
the bears
Imagineer

the bears's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Thanks for this guys, all seems fair to me, keep up the fab work.

Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee September 2009

Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee May 2011

Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld September 2013

Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld September 2015
the bears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Hear, hear!

(or should I say 'ear, 'ear!).
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread