Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Its disappointing you had to move and this man was not removed from the plane.

We are going in TC Premium with our 8 and 4 year old. We paid the same price as everyone else and if someone doesn't like it tough ...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Duck View Post
We've just got back and we booked our seats in the bubble with our 16 month old DD.

We were in the back row there and back. On our flight to Orlando there were a few kids up there including the premium cabin. The flight was great and DD slept for about 5 hours in total. On the way back we were in the exact same seats and unfortunately a very miserable man was sitting infront of me. I had DD on my lap. She was a bit unsettled as she decided didn't want to be strapped into a seatbelt typical, but we couldn't do anything except try to distract her until the signs went off. The man then huffed and puffed, slammed the locker next to him and reclined into us. I asked him if he could hold off until we'd actually taken off which he did but this tipped him over the edge. He then called the steward over to basically complain about our daughter. This then escalated really quickly when he threw his seatbelt off and started shouting and pointing his finger in my husbands face. According to him, he chose to sit there for some "peace and quiet" and that under no circumstances was he moving. In the end we moved downstairs to an empty row of three but the whole situation was horrible. The VA staff were brilliant with us and couldn't believe his attitude either. We just wanted to remove ourselves from the situation as it was distressing so we took the hit and moved. Once we were up in the air, DD then slept the whole way home. It just made me sad as he never even gave her a chance

So bottom line is... The bubble is for people who want peace and quiet. It won't stop us from booking up their again though
Sounds like he expected his own private plane all to himself , what a prat. Kids are kids and little ones need that extra help to settle on flights. He sounds like the guy we had to endure 2 years ago selfish and moody. You did the best thing for your daughter and removed your family from his vicinity the nasty ≈≈≈≈≈≈. There's just no understanding some folks. So glad she managed to get some sleep after all that. You are one awesome family.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

I'm all for the bubble to be made adult only...

So I can sit upstairs in peace while our kids run riot downstairs 😎
Old 28 Jul 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Surely everyone on the plane wants peace and quiet? Why should the bubble be preserved!
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LaughingPlace View Post
Surely everyone on the plane wants peace and quiet? Why should the bubble be preserved!
You just made me change my mind and I've come up with a better idea, make the bubble kids only so all downstairs can have peace
Old 29 Jul 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
There is no ' prestige ' attached to being in the 747 bubble, except in the minds of those believe so. If you're flying to Orlando you're going to get kids ( and lots of them ) on your flight, irrespective of where you sit and how much you've paid for the privilege. If that bothers you, then you're going to the wrong destination.
Totally agree, if your bothered your are indeed going to the wrong destination. I don't have a problem with kids at all.

Flew last year in the bubble 6 adults and 3 grandchildren.(18 months, 4 and 6) Excellent time had by all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

I think there should be a creche on planes. Then I wont care where I sit, even.if its on the roof. 9hrs of are we there yet...
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

We were booked into the Bubble in 2015 with a 22 month old and 10 year old. I can't really remember if there were many other children.I don't actually think there were. We got constant compliments about our youngest's good behaviour which makes me assume they were expecting a terrible flight!

We're booked in PE this trip with a 4 and 12 year old.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

That is horrendous what a ####! We have decided on the very back of the plane ( virgin) with our family of five ( our wee man will be 16 months) . We like the rows of two , it seperates my older boys who may squabble 😂, also near the toilets ( i know not everyone likes that we have our reasons! ) ...we like the bit of extra space around the rows of two also. Big wait in immigration i know but by the time I faff about with three kids we will probably be at the back anyway !
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I travel solo, and love the bubble, however on one return flight I was shifted to downstairs as the flight was quite empty and I had a whole row to myself.
I have to say for a night flight that worked better due to the arm rest issue.
As others have said the arm rests not going all the way up but stopping half way at an angle makes a big difference if you want to or have the space to spread out a bit or curl up.