Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 24 Nov 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, can anyone tell me if florida escapes sends real tickets or if you need to collect them at the parks?

TIA
Old 24 Nov 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tdawber
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Pure speculation on my part but I don't think they'll be a 25% discount this year. The prices of the tickets aren't moving the same way they did last year. Last year, Disney increased their ticket prices significantly in the period from July to September after the referendum vote before dropping the price in December. I'm not seeing that this year.

Disney may reduce the prices by 10% to 15%, perhaps reducing the 7 day Ultimates to around £350 to £360. Then doing the usual "14 days for the price of 7" offer to make the 14 day ticket approx £350/£360 as well (cheaper than the 2017 price). That would be similar strategy as last year, and also be a nice bit of marketing.

But that's just a guess. It very much depends on how 2018 ticket sales are doing - and only Disney UK (and maybe third party ticket sellers) will know that.
I thought the prices went up because the USD to GBP exchange rate plummeted?
Tdawber is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Given the way last year went with some ticket sellers jumping the gun, I would expect that if there is a sale it will all happen really fast with Disney notifying the vendors quickly and the prices coming down a day or so after that.

I’ll believe there won’t be a sale if we get to Christmas and there’s been no drop.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tdawber View Post
I thought the prices went up because the USD to GBP exchange rate plummeted?
I think that was the cause but the hike was so much it must have been affecting sales. Hence the sale. I don’t think you can count on it happening again. It’s the first time I’ve heard of it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I think that was the cause but the hike was so much it must have been affecting sales. Hence the sale. I don’t think you can count on it happening again. It’s the first time I’ve heard of it.
It was the first time I ever heard of it also. We will just have to wait and see if it happens again, but like you said, I wouldn't count on it. Fingers crossed for everyone though
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me if florida escapes sends real tickets or if you need to collect them at the parks?

TIA
I think for Disney and Universal they are the credit card size tickets, but I think the SeaWorld parks tickets are the A4 size E-Ticket. As far as I know you wouldn't have to collect these at the parks.

Maybe someone can confirm this or correct me if I am wrong.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
I think for Disney and Universal they are the credit card size tickets, but I think the SeaWorld parks tickets are the A4 size E-Ticket. As far as I know you wouldn't have to collect these at the parks.

Maybe someone can confirm this or correct me if I am wrong.
This is exactly correct.
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
This is exactly correct.
Thank you
Old 24 Nov 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thanks for this thread, i've booked both our Disney 21 day ultimate and Universal tickets today through Florida Escapes. Like others have said i'm happy too with the price and I really don't think Disney will discount the 21 day tickets by 25% but I suppose you never know I'm just not going to look so don't tell me

It's all getting very real now, so better get on with the planning
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Like others have said i'm happy too with the price and I really don't think Disney will discount the 21 day tickets by 25% but I suppose you never know I'm just not going to look so don't tell me :d
I would have done the same as you as and bought now. Disney didn't discount the 21 day ticket last year, so I wouldn't have thought they would do it this year, but as you say, you never know.