Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Feb 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

MNSSHP ... for adults

Hi All

So hubster and I are off for our first child free trip to Orlando, late sept early Oct. We are mainly doing Universal with a view to returning with grown up children in tow in 2021 for Galaxys Edge

However, I am really struggling to miss out on my Disney fix so... have realised that going to the Halloween party is a great option. Having never been to this before I have two questions:

1. Do they do the normal happily ever fire works along with a Halloween version, or is it Halloween version only.
2. Is it only children who do the trick or treating or could we join in (without looking like complete saddos lol).

Thanks in advance
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Definitely not a saddo wanting to trick or treat- that's the best bit, well it was for us. Me and my DD who is technically an adult spent the whole evening doing it 🤣. We missed the fireworks that night as it went from dry to downpours most of the night and we ended up on the wrong side of the castle for them. I'm not sure if they do HEA fireworks that night, I think it's the Halloween ones - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking forward to doing it all again this year 😊.

Edited at 10:13 PM. Reason: Typo
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We would go without our DS in a heartbeat. Great night and worth it. They do Hallowishes fireworks which are good and the parade is great.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've done MNSSHP 4 times as an adult It's great fun, love the trick or treating (and you can definitely do this as an adult!). The Boo to You parade is especially good. The fireworks are Hallowishes, which are only at MNSSHP, and they make use of perimeter fireworks - very different from Happily Ever After, but just as good a firework show.
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Its our first time going at Halloween this year and we are doing MNSSHP as two adults and can't wait!
Just Hallowishes on the party nights but you can still see HEA on the non-party nights
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Johngela13 View Post
1. Do they do the normal happily ever fire works along with a Halloween version, or is it Halloween version only.
Halloween version only

2. Is it only children who do the trick or treating or could we join in (without looking like complete saddos lol).
you're at disney's, we're all kids there, so why should there be a problem with 40, 60 or even 70 years old kids trick or treating ?

just make sure you have a bag big enough for all the candy you'll be gathering.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Hi All

So hubster and I are off for our first child free trip to Orlando, late sept early Oct. We are mainly doing Universal with a view to returning with grown up children in tow in 2021 for Galaxys Edge

However, I am really struggling to miss out on my Disney fix so... have realised that going to the Halloween party is a great option. Having never been to this before I have two questions:

Thanks in advance
we do it most years as a relatively cheap way to get a night in MK without using up days on our MYW no expiry tickets. check ATD and others for potential cheaper tickets than buying through disney, we saved around $20pp last year because we went in early october

we do the trick or treating and nobody ever questions it or looks at us funny, everyone is doing it, not just kids. we use it as a way to take a load of sweet home for our workmates (after we've picked out the bits we want from them!) - same goes for character meets, doesnt matter how old you are, and the queus for some of them tend to be a lot lower too... we had our pictures taken with lotso and pooh/tigger and pretty much walked straight up to them!

and its only the hallowishes fireworks, not the normal ones on MNSSHP nights.

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

Whoop whoop - thanks everyone - looks like we have a plan
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Great info guys

Sorry to jump on and ask a question but we are thinking of doing MNSSHP this year as our only visit to Disney

If we get there at the earliest the ticket allows (4pm?) how many rides realistically can we get done?

Assuming there are 2 parades with fireworks in between, we will watch the second one hoping quite a few guests leave after the fireworks then we will stay TIL closing

Thanks in advance
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Hi All

Thanks in advance
Hi we have done this a few times and also done mvmcp in December , it’s a great way to get a visit in to magic kingdom and in my opinion even better as the parades and fireworks are special to the event, we have done trick or treating and gotten lots of sweets but we don’t dress up but love the people watching and some amazing costumes ! Go for it you will love it ! Late September early October is our favourite time and we will be there again this year but we are planning a week onsite for the first time so probably won’t do the party as we have day tickets , and just a heads up last year a few of the ticket companies at the top of this page were offering reduced priced tickets for the parties for the early dates which your holiday would fall into so it might be worth holding off to see f they do it again this year ! Have a ball xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List