Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jan 10, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post

What tickets do I need/would you get?

Going to Florida for 3 weeks, flying out from Manchester on March 23rd.

Mainly want to do Disney so what's the best value on Disney tickets for 3 weeks? Also want to do IOA/US allowing minimum of 2 days for these parks (1 day per park?), Seaworld again allowing 2 days (can you still get 1 day free on Seaworld tickets?) not bothered about Aquatica, Busch Gardens etc but DH would like to do Kennedy only *IF* a launch is due when we are there. Will the new Harry Potter rides/attractions be open when we go? Will it be best to allow another day if it's open for that park?

What rides/attractions/parks would you reccomend & why? We did go for 10 days in 2008 but felt we didn't have enough time to do everything so have opted for 3 weeks this time but obviously want some relaxing time as well as parks - hotel pool, shopping etc xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post

IMHO I would go for the 21 day ultimate for disney-total flexibility.(roughly 248 adult, 222 child) - all parks, waterparks etc and park hopping

For £320 1 member coould get an annual pass which would be very useful for discounts in the parks if you are there for a while

I'd allow 1 day for universal and 2 for islands of adventure (at least)

Seaworld - either get the funcard (1 year access for same price as a one day) and again consider one person getting an annual pass (think it was $99) for the park discounts

Depends on what you're looking for from the holiday - if you like coasters then obviously Hulk, Kraken, Manta, JTA, RipRideRockit, dinosaur, rock'n'rollercoaster, tower of terror, splash/space/big thunder mountains, ripsaw falls, bilgerat barges, kali river rapids, everest, mission space, test track,MIB, Mummy, Simpsons to name a few

unmissable-kilamanjaro safaris and most definitely the lion king show

chillout in the town square uk at epcot listening to the live bands

funnel cakes at universal - yum

soooooo much to do - grab a downloadable map from each of the park's websites and plan your ride strategy - get fastpasses in disney for the more popular rides and if you are going in half term in March its worth thinking about buying the FOL passes for the universal parks (or spending 1 night at a universal hotel for 2 days worth of unlimited FOL access... the parks are manic at half term and the wait times for the rides tripled AT LEAST in half term week on our last trip (March 26th - April 9th 09)

we did a 3 weeker for our 07 trip and also found it was useful to alternate park days with a poolday/waterpark/shop - didn;t get too tiring then. The Jetlag (stupid o clock waking) had worn off totally by our 10th day and we were totally on Florida time but consequently the jetlag coming home was also the worst we'd had after a trip - took us quite some time to get back into a routine

Edited at 12:59 AM.
Old 16 Jan 10, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Seaworld tickets are currently buy an adult at the price of a child via the Seaworld site. If you validate your ticket before you leave you should get another free admission within the next 7 days.

Universal tickets have gone up a lot. See the massive thread on this. If you only want a few days at Universal then consider buying some of the Universal unlimited 7 day tickets before they all go. The FOL/Express passes seem to be really limited at the moment - and for a family of 5 worked out at well over $200.00 for 1 day. I have used my AA card to get a room at Loewes Royal Pacific Resort for one night at $175.00.

This effectively gives you front of line passes for two days.

- The date for WWoHP is still seemingly unknown but reading round the forums they seem to be heading towards May not April although this isnt confirmed. Therre is a rumour that they will be testing the rides during April - so you may get lucky - but I would not suggest you plan your holiday around it unfortunately.

I dont know about Launches - even if there is one scheduled if past experience is anything to go by - this can be moved at very short notice too. Again makes it hard to plan. But there is actually a lot to see at KSC anyway. Well worth a day trip.

Admission tickets are half price at the mo see
viator/tours/Orlando/...63-3525KENNEDY.
Old 17 Jan 10, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

We went for 10 days in 2008, did Kennedy then so if no launch we're not bothered about going back. I might leave them tickets til we get there & if needed buy from Virgin rep which includes the transport.

Last time did 1 day in US but didn't get to IOA so want to do that this time, myself & 3 year old DD only like very mild rides wheras DH & 10 year old DD like some of the bigger rides (not the huge rollercoaster type rides) but will not queue at all so if ride looks busy they are happy to not go on.

Did Blizzard Beach last time so want to try do both water parks this time if possible, hoping it'll be warm enough when we go. Didn't get all round Epcot so that's priority in Disney, although both my girls love different parts of Disney so will be getting the full 3 week ultimate for them I think.

LOVE Seaworld, took us 2 days last time as wanted to see ALL the shows so thinking should allow 2 days again as to me that was totally amazing.

Is there a 5/7 day ticket that allows Seaworld & Universal or is it not worth getting these?
Old 17 Jan 10, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by *Yvonne* View Post
We went for 10 days in 2008, did Kennedy then so if no launch we're not bothered about going back. I might leave them tickets til we get there & if needed buy from Virgin rep which includes the transport.

Last time did 1 day in US but didn't get to IOA so want to do that this time, myself & 3 year old DD only like very mild rides wheras DH & 10 year old DD like some of the bigger rides (not the huge rollercoaster type rides) but will not queue at all so if ride looks busy they are happy to not go on.

Did Blizzard Beach last time so want to try do both water parks this time if possible, hoping it'll be warm enough when we go. Didn't get all round Epcot so that's priority in Disney, although both my girls love different parts of Disney so will be getting the full 3 week ultimate for them I think.

LOVE Seaworld, took us 2 days last time as wanted to see ALL the shows so thinking should allow 2 days again as to me that was totally amazing.

Is there a 5/7 day ticket that allows Seaworld & Universal or is it not worth getting these?
only the flex ticket incorporates sea world or universal.

attached is a pdf file of current sea world and universal prices.

With Sea world i think IMHO it's better value for 1 person to get the annual passport for all the discounts and the rest to get the fun card (valid for a years admission). we love seaworld and often spend 3 or 4 days of our trip there
Attached Files
File Type: pdf univsw.pdf (73.8 KB, 51 views)
Old 17 Jan 10, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

There are a lot of 'milder' rides on I of A - way more than universal studios... it is worth a visit
Old 17 Jan 10, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread