Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Yep and yep. Not ideal with toddlers. Plus only hubby and my daughter. No idea where my son and I are!
They may have you and your son in the front row so you can use the bassinet but next to someone who also needs the front row. Happened to us one year, hubby and other kids couple of rows back and me in the sky cot row with another family. Her husband was also further back.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
They may have you and your son in the front row so you can use the bassinet but next to someone who also needs the front row. Happened to us one year, hubby and other kids couple of rows back and me in the sky cot row with another family. Her husband was also further back.
Great. My son is 15 months so too big for bassinet anyway.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
Great. My son is 15 months so too big for bassinet anyway.
Oh no that's no good then! I'd ring or say at check in that you would rather be sat together than have the bulkhead. Things like this are so annoying aren't they! Stress you don't need.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no that's no good then! I'd ring or say at check in that you would rather be sat together than have the bulkhead. Things like this are so annoying aren't they! Stress you don't need.
Yes. It's just been one headache after another this trip. Also found out Amazon have lost two of my orders going to hotel that I made 3 weeks ago. I'm trying to be understanding because of Irma and know st least I'm going but it just seems like one thing after another.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
Yes. It's just been one headache after another this trip. Also found out Amazon have lost two of my orders going to hotel that I made 3 weeks ago. I'm trying to be understanding because of Irma and know st least I'm going but it just seems like one thing after another.
Yeah it's hard because we spend so long saving, planning (obsessing ) over our holiday when things go wrong it's hard not to feel disappointed. will amazon resend the packages or are they gone for good? Once your feet hit Florida soil all the stress will go and you'll have an amazing time!
Old 16 Sep 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah it's hard because we spend so long saving, planning (obsessing ) over our holiday when things go wrong it's hard not to feel disappointed. will amazon resend the packages or are they gone for good? Once your feet hit Florida soil all the stress will go and you'll have an amazing time!
That's exactly it. I feel rotten for grumbling but we've had to change so much and has so many obstacles that it gets a bit stressful! Then just when you think it's sorted something else pops up
I'm not sure with Amazon, one is gone for good but the other they're saying it'll be there in 24hrs but I'm not convinced! They were my kids car seats too We've reordered one from Walmart and that will be there next week but the other I'm not sure about. We can't use car until we get them though. And as the holiday moved my fastpasses are all a bit jumbled so typically on the days we've got no seats we are st the furthest away parks and if I swap them I'm giving up TSM, FOP and Rivers of Light. Which I'll probably never get again. It's just something else to worry about do I think the plane seats tipped me over a bit. First world problems I guess but it's making me a bit stressed. I don't think it's helped as I'm not a good flyer and get claustrophobic so I always pick back seats or window seats and I lost them when flight was moved. The bulkhead seemed a good compromise but right in middle is making me very anxious. I'm sure it'll all work out though, at least we are going
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 16 Sep 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I know it's a daunting prospect travelling with two young children, but don't panic about the bulkhead seats. It's definitely a bonus to have them, but on some flights there are lots more families travelling with two young ones then there are bulkhead seats, and you just manage with what you end up with.

Take it in turns to walk up and down the plane and pack plenty of little bits and bobs to spread out along the flight and it'll be over before you know it 👍

Once you are there, it will all be worth it

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
That's exactly it. I feel rotten for grumbling but we've had to change so much and has so many obstacles that it gets a bit stressful! Then just when you think it's sorted something else pops up
I'm not sure with Amazon, one is gone for good but the other they're saying it'll be there in 24hrs but I'm not convinced! They were my kids car seats too We've reordered one from Walmart and that will be there next week but the other I'm not sure about. We can't use car until we get them though. And as the holiday moved my fastpasses are all a bit jumbled so typically on the days we've got no seats we are st the furthest away parks and if I swap them I'm giving up TSM, FOP and Rivers of Light. Which I'll probably never get again. It's just something else to worry about do I think the plane seats tipped me over a bit. First world problems I guess but it's making me a bit stressed. I don't think it's helped as I'm not a good flyer and get claustrophobic so I always pick back seats or window seats and I lost them when flight was moved. The bulkhead seemed a good compromise but right in middle is making me very anxious. I'm sure it'll all work out though, at least we are going
No I totally get it. It's always nerve wracking wondering how the kids will be on the plane but once you're on there you will just deal with whatever you need to. You never know you might be surprised and the flight maybe a breeze.
The car seat issue is a pain, is it not possible for you to take or with you? We had a car seat back pack once from kiddicare which while bulky it was easy enough to carry on hubbys back ( to paint the picture we had 3 suitcases, 4 hand luggage a buggy, the car seat bag and an 8, 2,1 and 3 mth old and just me and my hubby). The airport was a bit of a pain but once through it was fine and we managed it with a few laughs, moans and eye rolls lol

I'd keep my fp, you ever know the evening before you may be able to shift a few around but if not and they are just dos I wouldn't change them personally.

Awww i hope your travel day goes smooth and you have an amazing time!
Old 16 Sep 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
I know it's a daunting prospect travelling with two young children, but don't panic about the bulkhead seats. It's definitely a bonus to have them, but on some flights there are lots more families travelling with two young ones then there are bulkhead seats, and you just manage with what you end up with.

Take it in turns to walk up and down the plane and pack plenty of little bits and bobs to spread out along the flight and it'll be over before you know it 👍

Once you are there, it will all be worth it
Thank you! I'm hoping it'll be ok. My son hates to be pinned down and wants to be off so I'm just hoping if I can keep him calm during take off then hubby can wander round with him. I just had in my mind that we'd be on back row in bubble on way out with that big space behind us then in wat home back row downstairs so we could recline easily. Then when flight was moved and we got bulkhead the guy st Virgin was like "these are great seats for little ones, lots of room in front and easy to let them toddlers about" and I thought oh well that sounds ok. Now we've moved again and we are just in middle of everyone. I'm just really worried if my son has a meltdown when he's attached to me there's no where to turn as there will be people at every angle. They did tell me there's no other infants in PE this plane - which makes it worse I think! The bulkhead have been given to people with medical needs they tell me on twitter. Not sure if we've been split up. So, im armed with lots of books and snacks and hopefully people around us that don't mind little kids. 😬
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 16 Sep 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

No I totally get it. It's always nerve wracking wondering how the kids will be on the plane but once you're on there you will just deal with whatever you need to. You never know you might be surprised and the flight maybe a breeze.
The car seat issue is a pain, is it not possible for you to take or with you? We had a car seat back pack once from kiddicare which while bulky it was easy enough to carry on hubbys back ( to paint the picture we had 3 suitcases, 4 hand luggage a buggy, the car seat bag and an 8, 2,1 and 3 mth old and just me and my hubby). The airport was a bit of a pain but once through it was fine and we managed it with a few laughs, moans and eye rolls lol

I'd keep my fp, you ever know the evening before you may be able to shift a few around but if not and they are just dos I wouldn't change them personally.

Awww i hope your travel day goes smooth and you have an amazing time!
Aw thank you. We can't sadly take ours as they're really heavy and isofix only. I got in touch with manufacturer and they said that they've not been safety tested with latch and are not legal seats in USA so that's that. Plus I've no bag and I fly tomorrow lol. I thought it was all sorted but only got email for one seat yesterday and second seat today. Worse case scenario I'll send hubby off to Walmart!

You've made me feel better though knowing you got your family through unscathed! How did you do security? In terms of logistics of getting everyone and all your stuff safely through?
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL