Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Greebz
a Friend of the DIBB

2019 - help

✨ Hi everyone, ✨
My boyfriend and I went to Florida in June this year, and we've been itching to go back ever since we got home. We are planning on going back in 2019, but are undecided on the time of year. We found June very hot and busy with lots of locals/tours. We did think about September but were put off by hurricane Irma/hurricane season, so now we need you're advice...when should we go back?
I will be graduating next year so we will no longer be restricted by academic term time.
Thanks in advance 👍
Greebz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

We normally go in September, but next year will have a 1yo and the in laws so have just changed our trip to the end of November for the cooler weather. October is also great, but quite busy. I hear May is good, but we have never been then. Went in Fedburay once, but found it too cold.
Old 17 Sep 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you want to avoid crowds but still have warmth, I would say early May. It'll be hot but the humidity won't quite have kicked in yet. If you don't mind it being a bit cooler (but still warm by UK standards) then early March. Easter is quite late in 2019 (April 21) so the spring break crowds shouldn't arrive until mid-month.

Otherwise I would skip right over summer and go in late October / early November once it starts to cool back down. Need to be careful choosing dates around there though to avoid crowds, as the parties and F&W really draw in the crowds - especially locals at the latter.

ETA: One thing to keep in mind is the opening date of Star Wars land. Disney haven't set it yet, but it's expected to be around October. So I would actually rule out October/November specifically for 2019 if you're concerned about crowds, it's going to be insane once that opens.

Edited at 04:56 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

March is a great time of year weather wise and not bad crowds wise if you avoid Easter.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
We want to go back in 2019 too, we've not even been this year yet. Anyway, we're thinking late summer or our usual October as by then a lot of the new attractions in DHS should be up and running as they're opening summer 2019.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

October. Perfect weather for us. Very warm but not too humid.
Old 18 Sep 17, 04:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

You will find a summary of the weather in the Dibb Guidebook, When to Visit page: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Whe...-WDW-p-78.html
The hurricane season runs from June to November, if you want to avoid that. October still can have hurricanes - e.g. Matthew last year. Sept is just as hot and wet as June (and July/Aug). You might also want to avoid school holidays as flights will be cheaper. The other months depend on what temperature you are happy with, and whether or not there is a special event you want to see: Halloween, Christmas, Epcot festivals, etc. It is a personal choice - it is your holiday, not other Dibber's. Also note that in winter months, the daylight hours are shorter, which may or may not be a factor for you.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I thought I recognised the message! I think you posted on a facebook group yesterday!

We go late October early November normally, going mid to late November this year though based on other family members time off. Its comfortable without being too hot most days... We did have one really uncomfy hot day 2 years ago.

Have also been in May and going next May too but its a lot warmer, I can't remember the queues though...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List