Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

There are 18 of our family going from Manchester to Orlando next July - us our kids and partners and grandkids - and we’re paying. Direct is £1250 per person, indirect to Tampa is £700 and this thread prompted me to look at flying to Miami which as the OP says is £500 per person. That’s a very substantial saving for an extra 3 hours or so drive.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

we are flying lgw to dub and the next day dubl8n to clt stop off and then clt to orlando
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by debs2028 View Post
Have you paid an extra £1200 to fly direct to Orlando rather than drive from Miami ?
Think I would have just driven even though inconvenient .. But everyone's different
Yes. I would have driven except there was a 15 hour layover at MCO which would have made it all very awkward. Still pleased with the prices we got as it’s far better than last year. And this way we get to enjoy the sights of Miami at the end.
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
popdriver
Proud to wear my Ears

Wish I knew why it actually costs more for this scenario... I mean you have to get another flight, all airlines seem to change more - does any one know why?
popdriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by popdriver View Post
Wish I knew why it actually costs more for this scenario... I mean you have to get another flight, all airlines seem to change more - does any one know why?
I couldn’t believe I had to pay more for less flights! Seems just so strange. The lady on the phone with rather bemused as well!
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by popdriver View Post

a direct flight is always more expensive than an indirect flight

it's about convenience and comfort

when flying LON-MCO-MIA with a 15hr layover in MCO, it's easy to see why it would be less expensive than flying direct from london to miami ... and that's because there is less flying, (less hassle, less "painful") that it's cheaper.

basically, it's cheaper because it's a route nobody would want to fly, if it wasn't for a lower price.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bentley
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
There are 18 of our family going from Manchester to Orlando next July - us our kids and partners and grandkids - and we’re paying. Direct is £1250 per person, indirect to Tampa is £700 and this thread prompted me to look at flying to Miami which as the OP says is £500 per person. That’s a very substantial saving for an extra 3 hours or so drive.
We got a cracking deal for Man to MIA you have a short stop at Heathrow but we managed to get it for £389 pp inc car hire, with BA / Avis 17th Aug to 4th Sep
Half Term -Feb'19 Half a Half term - Oct 2018 August 2018 - May 2018 - Easter 2018 - New Year 2017/18 - NY / Washington - Aug ‘17 40th B'day trip Melia White Nassau & Tuscana Resort - May ‘17 Tuscana Resort - Christmas & New Year ‘16/’17 Davenport Villa - Aug ‘16 MLR - Aug ‘15 Davenport - May ‘14 MLR - ‘78 - ‘01 Daytona
Bentley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
We got a cracking deal for Man to MIA you have a short stop at Heathrow but we managed to get it for £389 pp inc car hire, with BA / Avis 17th Aug to 4th Sep
We also are flying 17th Aug man-lhr-mia

Might see you there

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Am I right in thinking flight prices from Manchester and Glasgow are much cheaper than similar flights from the London Airports? Is this a result of the North/South divide and a penalty for the 'wealthy' South East?
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bentley
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I was told it was to do with airport taxes... but I am not sure that is correct.
Half Term -Feb'19 Half a Half term - Oct 2018 August 2018 - May 2018 - Easter 2018 - New Year 2017/18 - NY / Washington - Aug ‘17 40th B'day trip Melia White Nassau & Tuscana Resort - May ‘17 Tuscana Resort - Christmas & New Year ‘16/’17 Davenport Villa - Aug ‘16 MLR - Aug ‘15 Davenport - May ‘14 MLR - ‘78 - ‘01 Daytona
Bentley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List