Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GSJALK View Post
At 30 days how do i book the fast passes - do i just go online and book for my whole party? Is it anytime or does it start say 7am on the 30th day?
It's 12noon UK time 30 days before you arrive that you can book fastpasses if you are off-site. The Dibb has a calculator that can work out the date for you.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

One tip for all the parks. Buy the Unofficial Guide to WDW, write a weekend off and read it. Well worth the investment of your time (and money on an expensive holiday). Happy Planning!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
One tip for all the parks. Buy the Unofficial Guide to WDW, write a weekend off and read it. Well worth the investment of your time (and money on an expensive holiday). Happy Planning!
I'll second that. I have used the book for each of my previous 3 trips and have this years version for our trip in August. They also do a Universal & Seaworld version that has more detail on US, IOA, VB, SW & Aq. The books will whet your appetite and help you plan in equal measure.

Another great tip is to spend an hour or so reading through the top tips on here - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=976617
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GSJALK View Post
At 30 days how do i book the fast passes - do i just go online and book for my whole party? Is it anytime or does it start say 7am on the 30th day?

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write - it will really help me when planning.

We have been is Disney paris so many times this year - would you say there are rides i could miss as they are the same basically? I am only interested in the bigger rides though as our son is 13.
We've been to DLP quite a few times too and can tell you that we think the rides in USA differ. The premise is the same for most, but the experience is different. We think Tower of Terror and Space Mountain are both better in France, and maybe even Pirates of the Caribbean, but that's just personal preference. We wouldn't go all that way and skip anything

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Spooks Dad View Post
I'll second that. I have used the book for each of my previous 3 trips and have this years version for our trip in August. They also do a Universal & Seaworld version that has more detail on US, IOA, VB, SW & Aq. The books will whet your appetite and help you plan in equal measure.

Another great tip is to spend an hour or so reading through the top tips on here - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=976617
I'll third this - along with the Dibb this book and its website have helped significantly.

Top tip number one get to the parks 45 mins before opening.

Top tip number two get to the parks 45 ins before opening time

Top tip number three get to the he parks 45. Ins before opening - get the drift

Read lots of trip reports - they will help.

Magic Kingdom - do the people mover at night and in the day

Hollywood Studios - do the muppet show

Animal kingdom do it's a bugs life and make sure you stay seated right until the end

Epcot do Turtle talk especially if you have small kids and sit them at the front

Go to the Water parks at Four pm they empty
If on free dining plan and have children do the character meals instead of queuing for autographs

And expect a dose of Disneytired and crabbiness, it's a medical condition and requires a good dose of it's a holiday let's stop and get an ice cream and a rest

Happy planning. The planning is half the fun
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

MK people mover becomes my favourite ride when my feet are sore. And make time for a dole whip. Imo space mountain at wdw is rubbish - really jerky and not worth the queue.

AK has lots of nice places for a picnic lunch if you aren’t eating on site. There is abig cooler of water outside sautii canteen that you can use and some tables in the shade. Safari in the rain can be good.

We sometimes do Epcot and dhs on the same day and have packed lunch at the boardwalk in front of the lake. Otherwise Epcot has some lovely places you can sit and eat in the park.

Dhs if you get there early enough you can rock n roller coaster twice before the queue builds.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

If you're doing the water rides at Island Of Adventure, take a complete change of clothes. And I mean everything - shoes, underwear, the lot and leave them in a locker. Go ride the water rides as many times as you'd enjoy, then go and get changed into dry stuff, leave the wet stuff in the locker and go and enjoy the rest of the park feeling nice and comfortable.
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisblanc View Post
Front of line pass
To save confusion I think it’s officially called an Express Pass but regularly gets called the front of the line pass unofficially

We’ve had a couple of visits to WDW and I’m still learning some great new tips from this thread!
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List