Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Apr 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Best hotel near disney springs for solo trip!

Hey everyone

Looking at solo trip for my 40th either Sept or early Dec this year and want hotel close to disney parks and springs maybe with places to eat walking distance. Whats LBV like, seen Holiday Inn and looks nice and close, within walking distance to springs?

Any ideas for decent place and good for solo traveller? Been loads of times but this be first solo trip and without a car so excited but tad nervous!
Usually stay at Encantada with some days onsite.

thanks in advance
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Not stayed there myself but the Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Boulevard seems to be getting a lot of good reviews. Just keep an eye out for the resort fees when looking at pricing but these do include a decent bus service to the Parks.

We stayed in the old Grosvenor (now Wyndham) which is across from the HI a couple of times and it was a great location - just a few minutes walk and you are right into the heart of Disney Springs.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Great, thanks for the reply. Prices seem good and tbh will just be a base for me anyhow.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We’ve got a few nights booked at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace booked for August, it’s a short walk over the bridge to DS. Not stayed before but looks nice.

The resort fee is $35 per night but it depends who you book with as I think some agents like Hotels.com and Booking.com include them in the price, whereas BA don’t include them. Although BA currently have a reduced resort fee if you book before end of June (I think?) at $25 per night.

Forgot to add, we chose the Hilton BVP because it’s got balconies and I was imagining myself having a glass of vino on the balcony in the evening. (If we get there that is!)

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 10:37 AM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Robin3
Getting Excited

We stay in the Holiday Inn every time we visit Orlando, usually spend most of our holiday on the gulf coast but drive up for 2 day Disney fix😀 it’s lovely, right by Disney springs, clean, nice rooms, very helpful staff & good shuttle bus service.
We should be going mid July but al day every day I swing from being positive to negative about it happening.
Robin3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We’ve got a few nights booked at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace booked for August, it’s a short walk over the bridge to DS. Not stayed before but looks nice.

The resort fee is $35 per night but it depends who you book with as I think some agents like Hotels.com and Booking.com include them in the price, whereas BA don’t include them. Although BA currently have a reduced resort fee if you book before end of June (I think?) at $25 per night.

Forgot to add, we chose the Hilton BVP because it’s got balconies and I was imagining myself having a glass of vino on the balcony in the evening. (If we get there that is!)

Kat
If you book directly with them it's included in the price you pay too. Were booked there in September and booked directly with the resort. They even changed us to a lower rate when an offer came on their site, and it's pay on arrival / free cancellation till the week of the trip. (We paid one night deposit).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
If you book directly with them it's included in the price you pay too. Were booked there in September and booked directly with the resort. They even changed us to a lower rate when an offer came on their site, and it's pay on arrival / free cancellation till the week of the trip. (We paid one night deposit).
We have BA vouchers to use otherwise I’d of definitely booked direct if I didn’t.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
We stay in the Holiday Inn every time we visit Orlando, usually spend most of our holiday on the gulf coast but drive up for 2 day Disney fix😀 it’s lovely, right by Disney springs, clean, nice rooms, very helpful staff & good shuttle bus service.
We should be going mid July but al day every day I swing from being positive to negative about it happening.
The price is pretty decent, 7 night BA glas- MCO £870. first time ever going solo always wanted to so bucking up the courage and think I will feel pretty safe staying at LBV, usually stay at Encantada with a car with the family but not worth the cost and want to be closer just for Disney.
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post

Kat
ooooh will have a look at that one too ... like the idea of the balcony! thanks!
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Will have a look at direct with them as can get decent flight price with air lingus if dont take BA deal, thanks!