Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Sep 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Noooo! O2 are really bad value for handset tariffs! Check carphone warehouse or mobiles.co.uk you will get a similar tariff on their deals for a much lower price, or with some incentives. Or will be over 24 months rather then 36 which is o2s standard these days. - basically the way their plans work now is you pay for the phone over the time at the rrp, then you pay a linked airtime tariff which is 2-3x more expensive then their equivalent sim only, so the only ways to stick with o2 at a decent price is either a sim only tariff and buying the phone from elsewhere (in my case I do pay monthly with Apple for my phone) or so go through a 3rd party for your upgrade (carphone ect.)
Thanks for that ! The trouble is she is in contract to O2 so maybe the easiest option
Old 26 Sep 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

...so the only ways to stick with o2 at a decent price is either a sim only tariff and buying the phone from elsewhere or so go through a 3rd party for your upgrade.
I'm out of contract with 02.
They texted me to contact them for a special loyalty offer.
It was almost twice what I'm paying now for SIM only.
Went on chat to try to reduce it a bit and they were very take it or leave it.
So I left it.
Now on Sky Mobile.
Same O2 network, but much cheaper and data rolls over.
O2 are very expensive for handsets and tarriffs now.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Now on Sky Mobile.
Same O2 network, but much cheaper and data rolls over.
O2 are very expensive for handsets and tarriffs now.
I'm on Sky Mobile too.

I've bought my last few phones outright, rather than have one on contract, it works out way cheaper in the long run... or has for me anyway.
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have a Huawei P20 Pro, have had it just over a year and a half.
Huawei cameras are Leica so take really good photos. The P20 is quite an old model now, the P30 came out shortly after I got my P20 😐 and the P40 in March or so of this year. I'll be due to change in January and will go for a Huawei again definitely.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I have the samsung a70, i always had a motorola but have enjoyed this one. My eldest is upgrading in november and she is going back to samsung and wanting the a71.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Noooo! O2 are really bad value for handset tariffs! Check carphone warehouse or mobiles.co.uk you will get a similar tariff on their deals for a much lower price, or with some incentives. Or will be over 24 months rather then 36 which is o2s standard these days. - basically the way their plans work now is you pay for the phone over the time at the rrp, then you pay a linked airtime tariff which is 2-3x more expensive then their equivalent sim only, so the only ways to stick with o2 at a decent price is either a sim only tariff and buying the phone from elsewhere (in my case I do pay monthly with Apple for my phone) or so go through a 3rd party for your upgrade (carphone ect.)
It was a carphone warehouse contract, but got taken over by O2. I need to wait now for 24m contract to finish then go sim only. My work is in a dead area, o2 seems the best at coverage.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List