Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jan 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Alternative family holiday ideas

Hey all

Am thinking Disney may be a 2022 trip as cant see this year with no masks. Any ideas for other family trips with 2 kids age 4 and 7.

We stayed in a fab dome in the Isle of Wight but 7 nights is an eye watering 2600!

Also really fancy Austria and maybe the Tyrol. Looks family friendly, lovely lakes, play areas, family hotels with play parks. Anyone ever been there?

Or any other ideas?

Thanks
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I would suggest hiring a boat for a week on the Thames and get in touch with nature.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went 5 star all inclusive to Rhodes back in August 2020. £2500 for 2ad+2ch

Half price due to Covid and lack of people wanting to travel. Will probably be the same again this year as I can't imagine many seniors (70+) wanting to risk travelling
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I would suggest hiring a boat for a week on the Thames and get in touch with nature.
I could imagine my 4 year old going overboard haha! I love nature that’s why Austria appealed as it looks gorgeous
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
We went 5 star all inclusive to Rhodes back in August 2020. £2500 for 2ad+2ch

Half price due to Covid and lack of people wanting to travel. Will probably be the same again this year as I can't imagine many seniors (70+) wanting to risk travelling
Wow that’s an amazing price!
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I mean this type of holiday boat:

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
I could imagine my 4 year old going overboard haha! I love nature that’s why Austria appealed as it looks gorgeous
He would love it and he would have a life jacket. Plus no need for flights and delays and visas etc, and the thames is lovely.
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow that’s an amazing price!
It was with TUI. Booked in July ( 4 weeks before travelling)
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hey all

Am thinking Disney may be a 2022 trip as cant see this year with no masks. Any ideas for other family trips with 2 kids age 4 and 7.

We stayed in a fab dome in the Isle of Wight but 7 nights is an eye watering 2600!

Also really fancy Austria and maybe the Tyrol. Looks family friendly, lovely lakes, play areas, family hotels with play parks. Anyone ever been there?

Or any other ideas?

Thanks
We stayed in Zell am See in Austria, and it was fantastic for families, there was a beautifully clean (and free) outdoor water park on the lakeside, woth a huge lawn, inflatable water trampolines, splash pools etc, we also did electric tobogganing in nearby Kaprun, we cycled, we went up the mountain on an electric cable car, and walked along the top, stopoing at play parks, then back down on a traditional ski lift.

The whole feel of the holiday is quality time with family. My highlight each day was eating apple strudel by the pool mid afternoon! We stayed at the Salzburgerhof hotel but there are many options in the area. Can’t recommend it highly enough.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

The Tyrol is lovely, a number of air bnbs. It can be pretty warm but not necessarily hot, so think about pools with kids your age. There are some open air pools.

Eurocamp do some lovely Alpine camps across Switzerland, Austria and France. Lots laid on for the kids.

Not Alps but Dordogne and the Vendée and a few other spots Eurocamp also do PGL inspired camps with clubs and activities. My kids loved the freedom of that style of camping in a mobile home at that age. And PGL on top was even better. Very relaxing for adults too.

How lovely to have something to look forward to 👍

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List