Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Nov 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Mobile Black Friday

Does anyone know if Disney / Universal / anything else relevant usually have discounts for Black Friday? Can anyone share what they’ve found so far?
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I called Virgin for flight prices the other day and the price was high. The call handler said for me to try on BF as I should get a good deal in the sale.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Discovery Cove always have offers.
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked a black Friday package with VH one year. By the following April when free DDP was released the price dropped significantly.

We got same holiday at AKL with free dining for about £500 more than original holiday at CBR. We did move dates by 2 days though.

So I'm not sure there are true savings. If you're happy with the price then pay it and don't look back.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Blue Nose 😊

I have a price set in my mind for flights we will see if they can get them to my budget. It's a bit of a gamble now as we go in March 😱
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

There weren’t any flight offers when we were looking 2 years ago (we’d already booked by then last year). As already mentioned last year discovery cove offer was very good and I think I booked our universal tickets then, not a bargain price but £1 deposit and we paid about a month before we went.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
There weren’t any flight offers when we were looking 2 years ago (we’d already booked by then last year). As already mentioned last year discovery cove offer was very good and I think I booked our universal tickets then, not a bargain price but £1 deposit and we paid about a month before we went.
I’m just looking at Discovery cove, which we really want to do, but wondering about Seaworld and Aquatica. I could take or leave Seaworld, but husband would like to go. The cost for DC, Seaworld and Aquatica is $1600 for the 4 of us.
Is this likely to be significantly reduced on Black Friday? Are Seaworld and Aquatica worth the time and money?
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
I’m just looking at Discovery cove, which we really want to do, but wondering about Seaworld and Aquatica. I could take or leave Seaworld, but husband would like to go. The cost for DC, Seaworld and Aquatica is $1600 for the 4 of us.
Is this likely to be significantly reduced on Black Friday? Are Seaworld and Aquatica worth the time and money?
If you book the Discovery Cove Ultimate ticket it includes 14 day tickets for Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens along with free parking. They are looking to be around £190 for next Summer so a lot less than that anyway. If you want to include the Dolphin Swim it will be more at about £280 but that's still around $1400.
You can save a further £20(ish) per person if you drop Busch Gardens from that. On Black Friday last year I think the price was around $250 for the Swim Ultimate Ticket so a very good saving.

Seaworld is a brilliant park for all; roller-coasters are some of the best and the sealife is wonderful. It's one of our favourite parks. My family enjoy Aquatica but I'm not into waterslides and that kind of thing but it's definitely a pleasant place to chill out!
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks for the tips guys! To be honest I wasn’t expecting much from Disney, they tend not to offer anything other than the 14 days for 7 offer
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

I got my tickets for April's trip on Black Friday last year. Then I had to get two more in the new year as my brother forgot to get his.

They were cheaper in the new year (by about £5 each) than what I paid on Black Friday - so personally I don't think there is any savings on Disney tickets