Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 9 Nov 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

We used to go to Rotonda for 2 weeks, on the middle Friday, we'd go back to Orlando for 3 nights and stay in a hotel just to do IOA/Universal. But we've done the parks loads in the past so we tend to avoid Orlando now.
We loved coming back to Rotonda after the madness of Orlando 😊 the laid back peace and quiet.
Boca is our favourite beach, always quiet, and brilliant for shelling.
We also used to hire a boat, as OH likes fishing.
We would have gone back, but our favourite villa was booked, so we decided to try Cape Coral.
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pawwavingpuppy View Post
We used to go to Rotonda for 2 weeks, on the middle Friday, we'd go back to Orlando for 3 nights and stay in a hotel just to do IOA/Universal. But we've done the parks loads in the past so we tend to avoid Orlando now.
We loved coming back to Rotonda after the madness of Orlando 😊 the laid back peace and quiet.
Boca is our favourite beach, always quiet, and brilliant for shelling.
We also used to hire a boat, as OH likes fishing.
We would have gone back, but our favourite villa was booked, so we decided to try Cape Coral.
We used to spend a week in Rotonda at the end of our stay in Florida - what an amazing place.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19

Edited at 04:32 PM.
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Radders
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Looking at Rotonda now, looks very nice.

One things that stands out after renting villas in Orlando is that some villas don’t have enclosed pools, is this something to avoid with the mosquitoes in Florida?
Radders is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I have never rented a villa which didn’t have a screen- just seems to be the norm. But I have also stayed in condos with shared pools with no screen & never had an issue with bugs even when they have been by a lake
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Radders View Post

One things that stands out after renting villas in Orlando is that some villas don’t have enclosed pools, is this something to avoid with the mosquitoes in Florida?
One negative we found about Rotunda is that it's a 25-30 minute drive to most restaurants with Farlows on the Water being the exception.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
We are currently here in Bradenton, this is our 3rd time staying in the area, I don't think I ever want to go back up to Orlando area.
What sites do you use to book villas in Bradenton?
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I think I booked this one through homeaway, I can't attach the link as the villa details are on my laptop at home and I only have my iPad with me here but if you want to PM me I am happy to send you the link when we get home after the 20th.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

we Have used home away to find many beautiful villas. The last one we rented in Bradenton was owned by an English family which is always a plus- stunning location by a lake
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
What sites do you use to book villas in Bradenton?
We have family in the area and have stayed with the same villa owner for the last few years but VRBO is pretty comprehensive as is homeaway I haven't used it but another relative used AirBnB

Edited at 12:17 PM.
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Radders View Post

There are two Dibb villas in the Rotonda Area, mine & Hanks. Both have pool screen / netting round the lanai areas. In fact I know of no villas on Rotonda that don't have screens so don't jet that put you off.

It's a great place for a relaxing holiday, especially after the excitement of Orlando.

Have fun 😎

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List