Notices

Old 8 Mar 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 9

Woke up at 7.30am this morning, considering the late night last night for us all I was slightly disappointed that we didn't sleep later. DH had a longer lie in and I eventually had to wake him at 10.10am.
A friend of mine is also here in Florida at the moment, also staying at mystic dunes and we'd arranged to do an escape room get her while we were both here. I'd booked narco at escapology on I drive for 11.20am so was picking her up at 10.40 to drive up there. We arrived around 11 and filled in our waivers and waited for them to call us for our room. We've done 2 other rooms here in the past and the thing it had over other escape room centres is that you are not out in with other people, you have the room to yourself. We really enjoyed this room and managed to escape in 55 minutes which we were pleased with as there are some very challenging puzzles in there. After the room I dropped my friend off at the outlets at Vineland and returned to mystic dunes to collect the rest of the family and head out.

We decided to go to Hollywood studios, the plan was to check out galaxies edge and have a late lunch. While we were sorting out our stuff to leave I checked for fastpasses and managed to get smugglers run at 3pm, toy story mania at 5.35pm and alien swirling saucers for 6.55pm. I was thrilled with these at such short notice!
We arrived at Hollywood studios at 2.30pm and went straight to dockside diner for some food. DH and I both got the hot dog topped with pulled pork and coleslaw. This came with a bag of plain crisps.

Dd had the kids mac and cheese with an orange, apple slices and an apple juice.

Our total came to $34.59 and that would see us right through into this evening.

We then made our way into galaxys edge and it started to rain unfortunately. DH and Dd went and did their fastpass for smugglers run and I got us a rider swap added for 5.30pm, not sure why this is the first place that has given us a time so far in the future rather than an immediate return time.

While DH and Dd were on the rise DS and I took shelter near the queue. After dh and Dd came off smugglers run the rain was pretty heavy and didn't look like it was going to ease so we made the decision to leave, it was cold and wet and pretty miserable. By the time we got back to the car we were soaked through. We drove back to mystic dunes and the 192 was at a standstill, we went out to racetrack along the east direction and picked up some beers and cans of mikes lemonade for the evening. We thought we were being clever taking the sherberth road route back to mystic dunes but even that was backed up, took us about half an hour to get back to the 192 and when we did we headed further west along it to Krispy Kreme to pick up some snacks for this evening.

When we got back we spent the evening chilling out having a few drinks and eating donuts. In Krispy Kreme I had gotten a mixed box of 12 which cost $11.99, I knew we wouldn't t eat them all but this was the best deal and we'd have some leftover for another day. Picture was taken after the vultures had already been at them.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 8 Mar 20 10:51 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame the rain curtailed your rides at Hollywood Studios
The 192 round sherberth does seem to get really busy!

Joan
Old 10 Mar 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Gosh you are getting up early still. Nice that you got sometime with your friend.

You did well getting those fast passes but it’s a shame you ended up getting rained off.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Donuts look amazing!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Yum Krispy Kreme!

What a shame about HS; that was some impressive fastpassing at late notice
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List