Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
becky2203
Imagineer

becky2203's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Opposite experience to us. Not impressed with BA at all. Our flights for this coming Wednesday were cancelled a few weeks ago and we still haven't received a refund.

Unlike Virgin Atlantic who have been brilliant about another holiday we had booked.

I think the OP may be referring to British Airways Holidays? It seems people who had a package booked are fairing better than those who were flight only.
becky2203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by becky2203 View Post
Opposite experience to us. Not impressed with BA at all. Our flights for this coming Wednesday were cancelled a few weeks ago and we still haven't received a refund.

Unlike Virgin Atlantic who have been brilliant about another holiday we had booked.

I think the OP may be referring to British Airways Holidays? It seems people who had a package booked are fairing better than those who were flight only.
No it was BA - I did book a flight and car package so don't know if that's made a difference, don't see why it should though
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Flights only are booked direct with BA. Packages are booked via BA Holidays who definitely are a beacon of light in the current circumstances. Booked flight, car and first night at Gatwick Hilton going 19thMarch. 16th March received an email from them cancelling everything. 20th March a full refund is in my credit card account. I paid BA £276 for seat bookings, submitted a refund request over two weeks ago, no acknowledgement and dead silence. Wonder if they'll appreciate a daily refund request until they cough up. They charge enough for their seats so I've no qualms about getting my money back from a sinking ship!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Mobile

If for some reason your refund is unable to go through the system automatically with BA it has to be done by a back office team manually. That back office team is based in India who are currently on complete lockdown and not able to attend work. Other departments are trying to help but it's work they're not used to doing so it's slower than normal with a lot more work than normal needing to be done. Rest assured they are all trying their best. Some luckily enough can work from home. Others have to go to work and risk their health and those of their family. Your refund will get to you as quickly as they can.
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

I got a refund on a booking for flight only with British Airways. It did offer a reschedule or voucher but gave a phone number if you wanted a refund.

Was on hold for 45 minutes and then put through to Indian call centre and they actioned the refund which was back on credit card account within a week. This was for a flight on 8 April.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post
If for some reason your refund is unable to go through the system automatically with BA it has to be done by a back office team manually. That back office team is based in India who are currently on complete lockdown and not able to attend work. Other departments are trying to help but it's work they're not used to doing so it's slower than normal with a lot more work than normal needing to be done. Rest assured they are all trying their best. Some luckily enough can work from home. Others have to go to work and risk their health and those of their family. Your refund will get to you as quickly as they can.
Rose89 would you know if all the IAG refunds would be routed through India? I ask because our booking is with Aer Lingus and will be expecting a refund as our flight in May doesn’t appear to be going ahead. Have no intention of contacting them though until much closer to the date.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post
Well said Rose89.

The last I heard there were 700k "in the queue".

BA staff at the contact centres have key worker status (as far as transport is concerned) and they have a letter to carry to produce to the police if stopped when travelling to and from work. The pressure within the centres is immense and not everyone phoning them is patient or even pleasant so please give the agents a break when talking to them, leave the bad language behind - yes it happens more than you think - and a simple thank you at the end really helps.

#bekind

Knowing my luck I am probably number 699999 in the queue

Edited at 10:00 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
badmousewife
Proud to wear my Ears

We had a BA flight and car booked and have been refunded pretty quickly. We were due to fly on 24 April. We had a message last Monday to say the flight was cancelled, my other half then rang them on Wednesday as we knew we definitely didn't want a voucher. The flight and seat reservation money was refunded this morning. I'm feeling quite lucky to have been dealt with so promptly.
Hope everyone gets sorted with their refunds soon.
badmousewife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’d like to add to this also. We have had great service from BA also our holiday got cancelled so we rang them the same day and today the money was back in our account. It took around a week. We have now booked again but only paid deposit.
Danielle87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve just received our refund for our flight only booking this morning from BA. I had to ring them twice though, first time around they didn’t action the refund request. Second time I rang early morning 72hrs before we were scheduled to travel, which was yesterday (06/04). The person I spoke to was very helpful and the money has gone back on our credit card as at this morning. Have just asked the credit card company to transfer the funds back into our accounts as we have no balance on the card. Overall, it was quite a painless process with BA.

We have flights booked later in the year with Easyjet and Lufthansa- I’m not looking forward to trying to get any money back from those companies! I’m still holding on to the slim hope that we might be able travel in July and August - though the August trip is to Tuscany for a wedding! 😳
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List