Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Apr 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
Omg this is literally me ! Honestly dibbers are the best, I was feeling so low and you have all made me feel like I’m not completely abnormal!
You’re normal, I’m not tactile I think that’s the word, my mum wasn’t and my sister really is. Dh hold my hand when we are out, we are both 55 and I find it embarrassing and pull away, but link my arm thro his so I’m not a total bitch! I love cuddling my dog but she’s only cuddly on her terms lol!
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I dont cuddle and I'm not affectionate. I cuddle my husband because he needs it and but i dont. I dont hug friends or family. My mum was the same, she only hugged me when she was diagnosed as terminal. I'm not sad about it though as I dont need physical affection, I know my mum loved me.

Although I'm the opposite with my animals, I'm all over them like a rash haha
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m quite like this too. I will give people a hug but I don’t really like having someone sat next to me wanting to cuddle. It irritates me when they’re in my space. I guess we’re all just different!
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
I have realised and had it pointed out to me several times by DH that I am not affectionate. I write this now because I am currently sat alone in bed while DH sulks downstairs because I didn’t reciprocate a cuddle.
Relationships can change over time.
Not only with your DH but with friends, relatives, and neighbours.
I don't think there is anything wrong with you but unfortunately there are little inklings there could be areas you need to reflect on within your relationship with DH.
It could be the case that they need support with something that's troubling them. Maybe they just feel you have lost that loving feeling as the song says.
It's especially difficult when a partner that was once very tactile, has become less so. If you began that way, that's different, nothing has changed. The danger is when something has changed.

Recently at work, one of the women that talks to me a lot about everything mentioned something similar. I urged her to have a good think and not take anything for granted.
Her friends were very supportive and told her it was nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately, one of these 'friends' has now taken advantage of the situation and it seems there's no going back.

All in their fifties, it's an infamous age for second chances if one half isn't happy.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Nothing wrong with you at all.
I’m not a huggy kissy type of person either but that doesn’t mean I don’t love my family.
I dislike people I don’t know very well trying to hug me and if someone I don’t know at all tries to touch me I turn into Julian Clary 🤣
Old 18 Apr 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

There is nothing wrong with you - but likewise there is nothing wrong with your DH either. You are both individuals with differing needs and expectations. I think you both need to sit down and talk about your feelings, preferably when your husband has got over this particular sulk and preferably when you are both calm.
It's hard for a person who needs physical or constant reassurance (as your DH appears to do) to understand that another person doesn't feel the same way about cuddles and hugs so could tend to take it as rejection of themselves and not their actual cuddle.
I believe there is, in every one of us an 'inner child' which shows up at times in our lives, maybe theirs finds it hard to love themselves or see themselves as being unlovable.
Deep response I know but imo it depends on the upbringing your DH had.
Hopefully you're both friends again
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t cuddle my DH either, I’m not a cuddle type of person never have been. DH gets annoyed with me sometimes and says I show no affection
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List