Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Sep 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

How nice to have a pedicure, hope your flight went well.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Travel day: Inflight

My first flight with Virgin Atlantic for a very long time, over twenty years. I declined the preflight champagne and shortly after take off had a spicy tomato juice which was served with popcorn. I had pre ordered my main meal of salmon and selected the tomato soup from the appetiser menu. I also declined dessert but accepted a plate of cheese and biscuits and a glass of port.

Finally about ninety minutes to two hours before landing, I decided to have the mini burger which was served with red cabbage slaw and crisps. I had earlier noticed that some of the other passengers had this as their main meal and wondered why I hadn’t seen it on the menu,

No particular comments on the tomato juice but the glass of Sauvignon Blanc I had with my main was nice. The tomato soup was a very popular choice, I would estimate that at least half if not three quarters of the passengers selected it. It was very nice and served piping hot, I had a feeling it would be lukewarm so was glad to be proven wrong. The bread it was served with though was rock hard and I didn’t try too hard with it for fear of losing a tooth. My various bread related experiences with Virgin today have not been good.

The salmon was also a good temperature and it was well cooked, but I didn’t bother with all the cherry tomatoes on the plate, there were a few walnuts in there so I picked those out. A cheese plate is a cheese plate so nothing much to report. The little slider dish including the slaw served towards the end of the flight was very nice and also popular with passengers.

Overall I thought the food was fine, but nothing special.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Travel day: Spyglass Grill

The flight was due at 5:20pm but landed a little early at about 5pm. By 5:35pm I was on the monorail over to the main terminal with my luggage. I am in the Caribbean Beach Resort for the first few nights and have been put in a pirate room in block 35. I couldn’t be bothered heading over to the main resort area again, not sure how far it is as I was driven to my room.

Then I spotted the Spyglass Grill very close by and decided to head over there for something to eat. As I will be doing a bit of resort hopping these first few days whilst I don’t have park tickets, idea to purchase a refillable mug. To eat I selected the three soft tacos, i decided to have fish in two and chicken in one. Pulled pork and beef were the other two options. I picked fries for the side.

The tacos were very nice, I really liked the addition of the cotija cheese (I only know the name by checking the menu), anyway that worked. The fries were a mixture of nice ones and poor dried up ones. As there were too many on the plate for me, I was able to pick out the nicer looking ones so no real harm done.

I used my refillable mug for a couple of Minute Maid lemonades and then I brought a cup of tea back to the room.
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Oooh those tacos look yum! We were going to visit Spyglass but picked Siestas at Coronado instead...wish we hadn’t now 😂 x
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a good trip there! The Tacos look lovely! We are staying at cbr next year so are looking forward to trying spyglass grill!
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Oooh those tacos look yum! We were going to visit Spyglass but picked Siestas at Coronado instead...wish we hadn’t now 😂 x
They were yum, I should have had all three different though but I am a sucker for a fish taco.

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Sounds like a good trip there! The Tacos look lovely! We are staying at cbr next year so are looking forward to trying spyglass grill!
It is a good option, quite small but I had no trouble getting a table. It was lovely to sit outside by the lake and watch the cable cars (which I did see stop at one point, but not for very long).

I can see myself here again, in particular I am waiting for 7am when I shall run over and be first in line for some tea in my refillable mug. I can’t believe it is only 3am here!

Edited at 08:08 AM.
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
They were yum, I should have had all three different though but I am a sucker for a fish taco.

It is a good option, quite small but I had no trouble getting a table. It was lovely to sit outside by the lake and watch the cable cars (which I did see stop at one point, but not for very long).

I can see myself here again, in particular I am waiting for 7am when I shall run over and be first in line for some tea in my refillable mug. I can’t believe it is only 3am here!
Not looking forward to that 3am jet lag wake up lol!
Hope you have a wonderful first full day. Whats your plan for today?x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Not looking forward to that 3am jet lag wake up lol!
Hope you have a wonderful first full day. Whats your plan for today?x
Well I might try and get some more sleep. I had hoped it would be more like 5am when I checked the clock.

No firm food plans today, I am doing some resort hopping, heading to POFQ / POR first. Another dibber has a spare MNSSHP ticket for me so hopefully I can get that linked up and then head over to MK this afternoon.
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well I might try and get some more sleep. I had hoped it would be more like 5am when I checked the clock.

No firm food plans today, I am doing some resort hopping, heading to POFQ / POR first. Another dibber has a spare MNSSHP ticket for me so hopefully I can get that linked up and then head over to MK this afternoon.

Sounds a lovely first day. Fab about the spare ticket :-) hopefully be some yummy party snacks for you to try and for me to live vicariously through! Enjoy xx
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

A great travel day and all appears good with the food! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List