Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Room Breakfast, Culvers Lunch

Another relaxed morning (weather is still a bit rainy at the moment, it is meant to improve as the week goes on). We had cereal in the room and then headed out to Pier 1. There is also a Marshall’s and Dick’s Sporting Goods in the same complex. Honestly I could have bought all the Christmas homewares, the discounts were amazing (at least 50% off) but we are always away for Christmas and I don’t have enough space in my bag Then we stopped at Hobby Lobby (more incredible deals here too! ) and the boys went to Academy Sports and Outdoors (the boys thought this was the best sports store and much cheaper the DSG). The choice of this shopping area was so we could have lunch at Culvers. We visited it this past summer and Cooper said it was his favourite chicken burger ever, Adam loves the hamburgers and also the frozen custard. So you order at the counter, then find a table and they bring your food out. It is super clean and tidy and the staff just can’t do enough to help. I really like it here! Cooper got the chicken burger meal, my Dad and I both got the spicy chicken burger meal (this was super spicy but delicious) Adam got the bacon, cheese deluxe burger meal and Mum had the chicken and cashew nut salad with a ginger and sesame dressing, she loved this. Adam ordered his frozen custard at the end, he chose vanilla with chocolate fudge and brownie pieces, it was gone in seconds
At approx $45 for everything (except the custard) I think it is great value, fresh and filling.

Cooper has been keen for a swim but the weather has been a bit cool the past couple of days. We saw blue sky during lunch and I suggested a quick swim when we get back, I may regret this!

Thanks for reading
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post

All looks yummy.

I was very interested to see somebody mention Amorette's. I will be having my 50th in April and was thinking of getting something. I am really not crazy about cake, but not having one seems not right.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
All looks yummy.

I was very interested to see somebody mention Amorette's. I will be having my 50th in April and was thinking of getting something. I am really not crazy about cake, but not having one seems not right.
Ok, full disclosure, I don’t really like cake (I only get a small one on my Birthday so Cooper can sing Happy Birthday to me ) We have shared the small Mickey dome cake from amorettes previously and it was great but the Christmas Bauble was delicious. It was cake with a bourbon flavoured mousse/cream inside. I really dislike buttercream as it is so sweet and there wasn’t any in or on this cake. For a special Birthday like the one you would be celebrating- I would personally recommend one of their speciality dome cakes.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Dinner at Olive Garden

So after a freezing dip in the pool we got ready for dinner at Olive Garden. We have been a couple of times but not to the one on I-drive. I went online and put us on the waitlist and we set off. It’s not far from the hotel and we managed to dodge the showers. It was really busy when we got there and I was quietly thinking how clever I was to put us on the wait list it would appear that everyone else was also on the waitlist there was a sign offering half price drinks at the bar while you wait for your table so we ran to the bar 2 glasses of prosecco, 2 sodas and a beer were ordered (my Dad paid so I’m not sure exactly how much it was). By the time our drinks were poured the table was ready - result!

We had the amazing breadsticks and salad to start, Mum had the minestrone soup, which she said was fab. For mains, Cooper had the kids pepperoni pizza meal, my Dad and Adam had the Chicken Parmigiana, Mum had the Margarita Chicken and I had the Zoodles Pasta Primavera (this is courgette pasta and was soooo good) everyone really enjoyed their meals but they were huge! Adam and Cooper ordered a Tiramisu to share, despite not finishing their meals they polished this off. A great night, with good service at a reasonable $97 before tip. They did also have an offer that you could add another entree for $5 to take home. We declined to offer but would be great value if you had a fridge/kitchen to take it home to so you could eat the next day.

Another lovely meal at an old favourite- we have had some really good meals so far this trip! Thanks so much for reading and Merry Christmas Eve!

Edited at 10:35 PM.
Old 25 Dec 19, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Brunch at Hash House a Go Go, Dinner at The Market Street Diner in Celebration

A nice lie in this morning before heading out to Super Target to pick up some fruit, pastries and champagne for Christmas Brunch. The shops were fairly calm, me, not so much I like to shop alone, Cooper and Adam are awesome but totally distracting :erm I come home with twice a much as I wanted and missing things I needed! However the both achieved their goal, we were out fast! We bypassed IHOP on I-drive, it was soooo busy and then decided to re-visit Hash House a Go Go. Parking here used to be a pain but now it is a nightmare. There was limited parking out the front and when we drove in today, I was really cross to find that it was all now valet parking! Talk about greedy! If we weren’t so hungry I would have left but it was almost 11am by this point so I just got over it. We were seated straight away and our server was sweet. Cooper had the kids pancakes (spoiler alert, these are the same size as the adults pancakes ) Adam has the adults pancakes with bacon and I had the sage fried chicken with eggs. The portion sizes here are ridiculous but the boys both really enjoyed their pancakes. My breakfast was fine, I think it needed as sauce as it was all a bit dry. I was still grumpy about the car parking so that may have influenced my opinion the cost for our meals and 2 sodas was approximately $42 before tip. I wouldn’t rush back as there are other places I have enjoyed more.

The weather is still a bit wet and miserable so we made the executive decision to go to the Andretti Indoor Kart Track. Tuesday is their ‘half price’ day, so both the boys booked a go on the karts. They seemed to enjoy it but both said they wished they could go faster it looked pretty fast to me!

The Market Street Diner at Celebration
So we wanted to visit Celebration to see the Jeater Bend Drive Christmas Lights and Christmas Eve seemed like the perfect opportunity. We were seated within about 20 minutes, it was busy here but the tavern had a 1.5 hour wait, so we were completely thankful to even get in. We had 4 sodas to drink and 1 tea. Meals were 2 chilli hot dogs for Cooper and my Dad, Chicken Vegetable soup for Mum, Shrimp and grits for Adam and I had a turkey club. It was all lovely but both the boys said the hot dogs were on the smaller side. The bill for this was $58 before tip which I thought was fairly cheap.

No visit to Celebration would be complete without a visit to Kilwins (we love the one in Naples too!) we all got kids sized scoops in a cup, cookie dough for Cooper, toasted coconut with whipped cream and fudge for me and dulce de Leche with caramel sauce with Adam and a bag of chocolate honeycomb for my parents soooo good!

We were all so full but happy. It was a 5 minute drive to Jeater Bend drive, it really was worth the visit. All the houses are so beautifully decorated, it really felt christmassy and magical.

It was another busy but fun day. Fingers crossed for some warm dry weather tomorrow. Merry Christmas and thank you for reading!
Old 25 Dec 19, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Great food so far! Good to know about hash house, we’ve not tried it and think we’ll give it a miss.

Did you park on jeter drive then just walk around? We’re planning to go, once we get a dry late afternoon, but I’m not sure where is best to park for both market st and jeter drive. The website says they’ve opened the school for parking but it would be easier to use on sheet parking like we usually do.
Old 25 Dec 19, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Great food so far! Good to know about hash house, we’ve not tried it and think we’ll give it a miss.

Did you park on jeter drive then just walk around? We’re planning to go, once we get a dry late afternoon, but I’m not sure where is best to park for both market st and jeter drive. The website says they’ve opened the school for parking but it would be easier to use on sheet parking like we usually do.
You can park across the way from Hash House but it really annoyed me as the valet parking was empty! There are lots of other lovely places to eat.

So when we went to market street, we just found some on street parking on Celebration Blvd and walked into the town (less than 5 mins). Then for Jeater Bend, we parked at Old Blush Road (2 streets away) and walked back. The main roads were busy but the side streets were much easier to park on. It was well worth the visit and there were lots of other streets where the houses were beautifully decorated. I’m really pleased we made the effort to visit. Merry Christmas! Xx
Old 25 Dec 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Loving your food report ! And those Christmas lights are just gorgeous!

Merey Christmas
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Great report. You've visited lot of our favourite places.
Merry Christmas!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
Loving your food report ! And those Christmas lights are just gorgeous!

Merey Christmas
Thank you so much for reading Honestly the houses were so beautifully decorated, it makes everything feel so festive!

Merry Christmas