Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It would not influence me one way or the other, provided my insurance covered me and I felt it unlikely I would have to quarantine on return. Throughout, nothing has influenced me one way or the other.. Other than when I actually had it.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
irnman
Proud to wear my Ears

Here now, been at magic kingdom all day, first things first, everyone's in masks, Inside and outside of park, good 95% plus ppl adhering to the distance markers in queues, those that haven't have tended to be eastern europeans/russians.
Wait times at rides have been no more than 10 minutes max,cast members have been great on the whole.

Safety wise, actually feels a lot more secure than back home where lots of people have claimed they are exempt from mask wearing due to 'illness' (talking whole families here not just individuals) and no one standing directly behind or hovering over you in shops (again anytime in Poundland or supermarket blatant disregard for personal space in UK).

1 Incident in park only where eastern European parents let their child climb onto the stage forcing the cast members (mickey, chip and dale) to have to vacate to the side exits, said parents of child where taking photographs the entire time...
Disney Tokyo 2020
irnman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
irnman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
My holiday in October is the most expensive one I’ve ever booked for DLP. My head is just saying cancel because it will be a severely limited experience and poor VFM in comparison to previous trips.
Fireworks and shows are a big miss for sure, parades are not the same that's for sure.
Character meets are for obvious reasons are a distanced and selfie variety.
Ride wise - wait times are much lower as less people, queues are socially distanced so you actually feel like you have breathing room.

What it really comes down to is, 'will you enjoy yourself'
Disney Tokyo 2020
irnman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ALuk
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
I don’t know if this is true but I’ve heard that the vast majority of cases are in the south of the country. Therefore the UK should be taking a more regional approach to France rather than a blanket one. I’m holding out for that, but it remains slim.

My holiday in October is the most expensive one I’ve ever booked for DLP. My head is just saying cancel because it will be a severely limited experience and poor VFM in comparison to previous trips.
It's not for me to say if you should go or cancel, but Paris has just hit 13,000 in one day. Thats not all France, that's just Paris.

Thats 250 per 100,000 people in Paris alone.

If it was me (esp. given the money you say you've spent), I would consider cancelling.
Not only will Christmas next year be so much more special with the Fireworks/parades etc...

But the infection rate in Parish is nuts. And whilst you aren't in central Paris, I would assume a lot of the staff and some other guests at the park are.
ALuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ALuk View Post
It's not for me to say if you should go or cancel, but Paris has just hit 13,000 in one day. Thats not all France, that's just Paris.

Thats 250 per 100,000 people in Paris alone.

If it was me (esp. given the money you say you've spent), I would consider cancelling.
Not only will Christmas next year be so much more special with the Fireworks/parades etc...

But the infection rate in Parish is nuts. And whilst you aren't in central Paris, I would assume a lot of the staff and some other guests at the park are.
That's not correct, the 13K+ was for the whole of France.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Well I'm here now and I feel safe. Put my mask on when I got up on Thursday morning and it has been on most of the time since. That's heathrow, on the plane, walking through security to the train station. At the train station, on the train and at DLP.

The only times I've not worn it are walking to and from my hotel once off Disney property and in my room.

Lots of antibacterial gel in the parks and restaurants and everyone was wearing a mask.

The Halloween decs are up and look lovely. Lots of characters are out for photos and selfies. Wait times are low, longest I waited yesterday was for autopia at about 15 minutes

Yes I've glared at a few people for standing too close but it's only a metre over here but there are markings everywhere.

I'm not into parades or fireworks but it's a different kind of magic and experience