Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Jul 15, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
saneman69
I want to go now!

DLP Report - great time, despite a few minor blips

Just writing this sat in the apartment after our last day - back home tomorrow with the joys of Eurotunnel to look forward to!

After a relaxing week in the Loire Valley we stayed at the Adagio aparthotel for 4 nights, which was ok, the first time we'd tried it, we've also actually bought annual passports for the first time as we plan to come back for Christmas, then maybe Easter? Who knows...

Anyway me, my wife, and 3 daughters (16,10 and 3) have had a fantastic time, we love DLP, it's our 5th visit, but there have been a few minor things we've noticed this time.

Ride technical closures: this time there have been loads, Ratatouile broke down whilst we were on it (which was quite interesting to be honest), Thunder Mountain had multiple issues, Pirates broke down, RC Racer, Parachute drop...there just seemed to be much more than usual, which was ok as we were there for 4 days, but if you'd only come for one...

The smoking: we all noticed it much more this year, the lack of enforcement of the non smoking rule is really disappointing, especially as I saw 2/3 people being told not to use selfie sticks (which is fair enough) so that rule is enforced but people can blatantly smoke everywhere.

We were also not allowed to queue up for the Frozen singalong with a stroller, despite my 3 year old being asleep in it, we had to wait till she'd woken up? That was a bit random. Then someone just started smoking in the queue, with no cast member saying a thing? I think DLP needs to start enforcing this rule.

The only other blip (god it sounds like I'm really whingey, we did enjoy ourselves! ) was the Princess Pavillion, we managed to get a slot after queueing for 20 mins, then when we went back for the slot we queued another hour?! That wouldn't have been so bad if someone had told us it would take an hour, then when we got there it was only 1 Princess, which when we've read the literature it does say one, but you'd expect more than one (we met 3 in Florida 2 years ago) , especially after an hour?

Anyway as I say we've had a great great time as ever, but these few things were disappointing, it won't stop us coming back but DLP can't rest on its laurels.

On the plus side we thought the Bistrot Remy was really good, the girls loved it as a special treat this evening, RC Racer was a really surprisingly good ride, the usuals were also great SM, BTM, Ratatouile, and extra magic hours was superb and they all loved the Frozen singalong...

A fantastic break and we're looking forward to the Christmas break later in the year!

saneman69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Aww, glad you had a good time.

Were they making the no smoking announcements over the PA? When we visited in March they had just started doing that. Not much more they can do, sadly, as they have no legal power to stop someone smoking (only police officers can do that in France). They do ask people, but there is only so much apathy or hostility a CM can take (from Brits too).

Agree Bistrot Chez Remy is wonderful.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 15, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
saneman69
I want to go now!

Mobile

No there wasn't an announcement and you're right what can a CM do, but there wasn't even an attempt to remind/inform, you would at least expect that, I think most smokers are reasonable and were probably not even aware?

Anyway nevermind, I'm not an anti smoker, it was just a bit surprising
saneman69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List