Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

cancelled thomas cook

sorry folks i know this may be a panic but mrs Benson made me cancel thomas cook holiday for november to rebook with virgin they are in real trouble and they are acting like all is well financial times said this morning their shares worthless now because of size of debt and we dont want to loose holiday yes we lost 500 deposit but rebooking with price we just paid we actually save 300 on what were paying so happy just be aware keep an eye on them
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

I’m keeping an eye on it but not quite ready to lose the £250x4 deposit. I’ll hold out as long as possible as if they go bust, a full refund is guaranteed anyway.
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

i understand that but with us because just 2 of us the virgin holiday we booked with kenwood with the deposit loss works out 300 pound cheaper so we not lost really in a wiered way we gained if you see what i mean
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
i understand that but with us because just 2 of us the virgin holiday we booked with kenwood with the deposit loss works out 300 pound cheaper so we not lost really in a wiered way we gained if you see what i mean
Think you’ve probs done the right thing, at least you’ve got peace of mind as well
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I hate all the uncertainty! We fell victim to Travel City going bust in 2008 just a few days b4 we were supposed to fly. Think it took about 4-6 weeks to get our money back. Completely ruined our holiday though, as we couldn’t go (obviously). Ended up at Centre Parcs instead of Magic Kingdom. We are booked with Thomas Cook as a package for September, it’s the thought of it happening days before we are due to go that worries me.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

yeh guys its for peace of mind because when talking to the staff online they are talking the line of what problems even said to me why you worried youre covered by abta etc that had alarm bells ringing in my ears my mrs better known as the boss said with that attitude it says they know something so we bailed and to be honest your rite we feel releaved
Old 18 May 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

We booked well in advance for May 2020 but I'm still worried as I paid by instant voucher rather than credit or debit card (I save money this way through my work scheme). I can only assume I'm still protected as it shouldn't matter how I paid, I have ATOL protection, but I can't help but worry still. There doesn't seem to be an answer anywhere online! It does seem that unused vouchers are not protected. Anyone have any ideas?
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney-wife
Looking for my Ears

we are going May 2020 too. we are flying with virgin and staying at disney so everything should be ok and having that ATOL protection means we will get our money back.
Disney-wife is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trinacham View Post
We booked well in advance for May 2020 but I'm still worried as I paid by instant voucher rather than credit or debit card (I save money this way through my work scheme). I can only assume I'm still protected as it shouldn't matter how I paid, I have ATOL protection, but I can't help but worry still. There doesn't seem to be an answer anywhere online! It does seem that unused vouchers are not protected. Anyone have any ideas?
Did you pay in full or just deposit? If its just deposit then I would make a small balance payment by creit card to cover the whole booking.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
Did you pay in full or just deposit? If its just deposit then I would make a small balance payment by creit card to cover the whole booking.
In full unfortunately. Realise now that I should have asked the question before to save this worry but lesson learnt now I've sent an e-mail to the CAA asking the question. I have an ATOL certificate so surely means I'm covered no matter what, but just want confirmation.
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List