Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Jul 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

Best time to buy theme park tickets

So we go to florida October 2020 and will be needing 6 adult priced tickets for Disney and universal. I keep seeing deals here and there such as adult tickets at kids prices or £50 off total booking etc etc.

So my question is, when there's a flash sale like maybe for black friday or something of the like, is there much more of a saving to be had than the offers that come about, similar to above, every other week?

Am I best to hold off ready to buy then at one of these 'sales' or book now with deposit and start chipping away at the balance.

£4K is a lot of money to part with for theme park tickets so from dibbers advice and experiences when's the best time to buy?
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee-EMMA
First POST

We go in October 2020 also. A family of four, 2 adults 2 children and I am totally lost with what tickets are best o watching your post to see what replies you get😁
Wee-EMMA is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babynugget View Post
So we go to florida October 2020 and will be needing 6 adult priced tickets for Disney and universal. I keep seeing deals here and there such as adult tickets at kids prices or £50 off total booking etc etc.

So my question is, when there's a flash sale like maybe for black friday or something of the like, is there much more of a saving to be had than the offers that come about, similar to above, every other week?

Am I best to hold off ready to buy then at one of these 'sales' or book now with deposit and start chipping away at the balance.

£4K is a lot of money to part with for theme park tickets so from dibbers advice and experiences when's the best time to buy?
To be honest in my opinion [others might differ] it's difficult to say what to do for the best. If you buy now and the price goes down in a sale, you will wish you had waited, and if the price goes up, you will wish you had bought now. For what it's worth I have already bought mine for 2020 but some are part of a package from Disney. Can I ask if you're buying the Disney/Universal Combo that gives you 14 days unlimited admission into all the Disney and Universal parks

If you decide to buy now then don't look at the ticket prices again
Old 17 Jul 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
To be honest in my opinion [others might differ] it's difficult to say what to do for the best. If you buy now and the price goes down in a sale, you will wish you had waited, and if the price goes up, you will wish you had bought now. For what it's worth I have already bought mine for 2020 but some are part of a package from Disney. Can I ask if you're buying the Disney/Universal Combo that gives you 14 days unlimited admission into all the Disney and Universal parks

If you decide to buy now then don't look at the ticket prices again
Yeah I get what you mean, suppose I'm thinking every so often there's alway an incentive of some sort to get you buying the tickets but is there a big difference when it's like Black Friday or January sales - I suspect not.

I was planning on buying them separate as it wasn't clear if you'd get the memory maker free with the combo as you do with the Disney ultimate, works out a few quid more but worth it to get the photo thing
Old 17 Jul 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

I think those small incentives come along frequently enough, so they should be the minimum and expected.

I would wait, keep looking here and watch for one of the bargains that come along every now and then.

Such as that expedia £50 off per ticket. Or the Musement 20% Universal discount. Worst case you see none of these and you take one of the smaller offers sometime in spring/summer 2020. But get lucky and there might be a bigger saving.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babynugget View Post
Yeah I get what you mean, suppose I'm thinking every so often there's alway an incentive of some sort to get you buying the tickets but is there a big difference when it's like Black Friday or January sales - I suspect not.

I was planning on buying them separate as it wasn't clear if you'd get the memory maker free with the combo as you do with the Disney ultimate, works out a few quid more but worth it to get the photo thing
You will get the memory maker free with the combo as it's not 1 ticket, it's made up of 2 separate tickets, the Disney 14 Day Ultimate and the Universal 3 Park Explorer. As far as I know combo is basically short for combination tickets.
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We bought ours through Orlando Attractions after comparing various options and companies they worked out the cheapest at the time and we could hold with a £10 deposit per person which we could cancel if needed so we could keep an eye on prices.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Deals seem to come along from time to time on the major ticket sites, usually its small cash discounts, free extras like a universal photo pass or extra free tickets (I have seen free Legoland, and vouchers for planet Hollywood).

For SeaWorld group they normally have great deals around black (blue) Friday. So that is when I am planning to buy my Discovery Cove tickets.
The other thing to bare in mind are the annual price rises and impact of a weakening pound.
The impact of Brexit on the pound may well counter the saving of any promotions later in the year.
I should really be keeping a better eye on Universal tickets and get them booked thinking about it
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I had to laugh when I saw one advertiser state "adult tickets at kids prices" as funnily enough the so called "kids" price was actually more expensive than all the other retailers "adult" price!
3 park BG/Sw/Aq - ATD kids £112
BA- adult £109
FEscapes- £110
FTix - £111
OA - £109
So "their" Adult tickets must have been really expensive
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Depends on the exchange rate too, undercover tourist seemed the best when I bought my universal tickets recently, with tax and actual tickets by post.
Also, the £50 off ebookers and Expedia was amazing for my discovery cove tickets (which I wasn't planning on doing til that offer came up)!
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List