Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 06, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Heartbroken-DH says new dog has to go.

I know to some its not as bad as losing a family member but I am sitting here this morning absolutely heartbroken and numb.

Deefor has settled so well but Chris can't take to him, says he doesn't trust him and wants to take him back Saturday.

He claims he is vicious, no , he and my other two dogs had ''words'' as too establish who is who in the house , once, thats all and now they seem sorted, Holly is still top dog.

He mumbled at Chris, yes, because Chris had man-handled him and kicked a shoe at him when Deefor and Holly had there ''words''. Chris then preceded to shout at him, not ideal for an abandoned dog. Deefor was petrified, hid under the table for most of the night then wouldn't go nr Chris,do you blame him?

Deefor hasn't shown any interest in the kids, has met kids out the front and we have had small friends around and he hasn't bothered with them.

We have only had him a week on Saturday, hardly long enough for him to settle properly, so I feel Chris hasn't given him a chance as he is at work all day so hasn't really spent any time with him, where as, the kids and I have. Megan can even hold his lead when we go out for a walk .

Chris is so stubborn and won't change his mind , how could he let me get a dog and get so attached then decide he doesn't want him .

Its agony as I know I have to stay with Deefor for 2 days then he is going

sorry to ramble,
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
flikflak
Imagineer

Ahhh how upsetting. Well I would say that a week is no time - if you had said a month and he still was not fitting in then maybe it is best for the dog and the family if the dog went back.

Will he not give it another couple of weeks to see if the dog settles? Can you imagine yourself going to live with a family - I would say it would take a lot longer than a week so see how you fit into the dymanics of the set up.

I hope you can sort it all out.
flikflak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I have always got dogs from shelters and homes rather than buy them as puppies, but it has to be said, lots of them are in homes because they are a bit loopy or have been problem pets.

If my partner got a dog and it didn't take to me, then I would not feel comfortable and it wouldn't be me moving out.
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I love dogs loads, but i would never risk a dog with my child if i have a feeling something might happen.

I hope your horrible situation sorts itself out for the best!

Thinking of you! x
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

Get rid of Chris? Sorry, but it angers me that an abandoned dog, who needs love and trust in a new family, is still being mistreated in some way Whether it is mild or very serious, I think the dog should go, cos if Chris continues to hate him, he's in danger of mistreating him so more :angry:
Poor, poor Deefor

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh god, i can see this being a big discussion lol lol lol.

Dogs, men, women, kids, FATAL combination lol lol
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

Yep, it's really funny when there's an abused animal involved!

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think a week is enough to really decide The poor thing really needs a little more time to settle, surely. If there really and truely has been no sugestion that Deefor is likely to snap/bite at any one, I would ask Chris to please give it at least another week or so - tell him if he makes an effort for that ammount of time, and can still show you that he has reasons for concern, then you will agree to Deefor going - but Chris has to REALLY make the effort - ie, suggest he takes Deefor for a few walks - more likelihood of them bonding if they spend time together.

{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}} Vicky - I hope you guys can work this out

Love Suexx
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggersallmine
Imagineer

Ohh Vicky my heart bleeds for you, I am so sorry. I hope that your DH changes his mind, as said a week is very long at all. I have a foster cat at the moment who we have called Hannibal after Hannibal Lecter (sp) he shows his teeth and hisses and spits and claws you, but in the two weeks I have had him he has calmed down enough to let me stroke him when he is feeding. Good luck hope that you get to keep Deefor as Sue said, perhaps getting DH to look after him over the next few days might help to change his mind.
Tiggersallmine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 06, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

EEERRMMMM, where is a abused animal involved?
Closed Thread