Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Aug 06, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

wisdom teeth

just wondered if anyone on here had had theer wisdom toothout? i was in great pain all weekend witha na acute infection on one that is trying to come through and they have refered me to hospital to have it out when its all cleared up and was wondering what teh procedure was like?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 06, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

I went to the dental hospital and went under a general anesthetic. Looked like a beaten up hamster for a week swollen bruised cheeks. But I did have the 4 out.
11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 06, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

I had all 4 of mine taken out under general anesthetic, my face was bruised and swollen and I couldn't eat anything for days, I had mine taken out at the dentist, the pain was unbelievable I found labour less painful

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 06, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post

im only having the one i think! as ive never experianced labour i can imangine that teh pain is bad! teh dentsit thought local anthestic should be fine? !
Old 4 Aug 06, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

I had all mine out under local at the dentists, he did the top ones together and then I had the bottom ones out one at a time. Really didn't think it was that bad so don't worry. DD had all 4 out together in hospital last year and she had a general - she looked a bit like a hamster afterwards but didn't take long for the swelling to go down.
Old 4 Aug 06, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

I had only one taken out by my Dentist under sedation years ago.
I can honestly say, that when I woke up I was fine, there was hardly any pain and I was not swollen at all.
If you are only having one, it should go like clockwork.

Its the worry I know, sending you lots of love xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 06, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

hi i have had both my uppers taken out at the dentist with just a local. it was a bit achy afterwords but not enough to require painkillers! my roots were all knorled and twisted to. the dentist wasnt sure if he would manage - thankfuly he did tho!. im sure u will be fine, good luck
Old 4 Aug 06, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinders Mum
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Cinders Mum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I am the same as claire, my dentist did mine under local as well, 2 at a time, I had 2 stitches per tooth and they needed to be removed after 3/4 days as it healed so quickly.

It really was not bad, I had bolted from the dentists 4 years earlier in a panic and hadn't returned until that time.

Since then I was fine and grateful to be rid of them

Good Luck

HELEN KNOWLES
GOLD PERSONAL TRAVEL COUNSELLOR

T: 01205 804340
E:helen.knowles@travelcounsellors.com
http://www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/helen.knowles

Travel Counsellors Trust Protection on Every Part of your Booking. ATOL Bonded.
Cinders Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 06, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I had all mine out under general at the hospital. It went well apart from them leaving a fragment of tooth in the one side and it becoming infected
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 06, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post

hiya
I had all 4 out when I was about 22 under general and I think the anaesthetic is the worst to get over, my face did swell up and I bruise really bad so I looked worse than I felt, the couldn't eat bit got me down, but once that is gone you will be fine...
Just think you can get people to wait on you... and relax a little bit...and watch daytime telly ...
Elaine
Closed Thread