Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jul 11, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I got most of my items except a suitcase and a pair of sandals.

I have ordered 3 pairs of other sandals to see how they look but am unlikely to keep all 3 pairs - I don't usually do this as I don't want to stop others getting bargains but really wasn't sure about the ones left.
Old 14 Jul 11, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
marblecake
Getting Excited

Just to let people know - if you said you would accept a directory when the email came out last week to register an interest in booking a VIP slot, watch out! I usually don't get a directory but said I would take one to be in with a chance of getting a slot. The directory arrived this morning so had no chance to cancel it. I did get a VIP slot though so am delighted. Just thought I would let people know as some people wanted to cancel the directory after the VIP sale.
marblecake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marblecake View Post
Just to let people know - if you said you would accept a directory when the email came out last week to register an interest in booking a VIP slot, watch out! I usually don't get a directory but said I would take one to be in with a chance of getting a slot. The directory arrived this morning so had no chance to cancel it. I did get a VIP slot though so am delighted. Just thought I would let people know as some people wanted to cancel the directory after the VIP sale.
I think this is a little unfair to those of us who do pay for the directory so deserve the VIP slot.
Old 14 Jul 11, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I think this is a little unfair to those of us who do pay for the directory so deserve the VIP slot.
Completley agree. I have had a next accout and directory that I pay for, for years...I think our loyalty should be rewarded with the VIP slots.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
marblecake
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I think its perfectly fair as Next stated that people would be contacted before the book came out to see if it was still required. TBH, £3.75 is a fair investment for how much I saved in the sale. Its just a shame to see it go straight in the recycling/land fill!

I think that making the directory one of the VIP criteria is really silly considering that the range is all online etc. I will just have to keep getting the book and throwing it out the same day if that's what they want me to do.
marblecake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marblecake View Post
I think its perfectly fair as Next stated that people would be contacted before the book came out to see if it was still required. TBH, £3.75 is a fair investment for how much I saved in the sale. Its just a shame to see it go straight in the recycling/land fill!

I think that making the directory one of the VIP criteria is really silly considering that the range is all online etc. I will just have to keep getting the book and throwing it out the same day if that's what they want me to do.
But it is your choice - either pay for the directory and have a VIP slot or don't have the directory and don't.

What I find unfair is if someone orders it, gets the VIP slot and then cancels it and doesn't pay.

Sorry but that would just be cheating!
Old 14 Jul 11, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I think though that its a bit unfair to not qualify for a slot when the only criteria is that you dont want the directory, Up until recently I didnt have the directory as I did everything on line. The other criteria yes you can expect them to show loyalty to those who spend lots on their next account, the other criteria being paying balance on time, keeping two thirds of items etc, which yes I can understand most of this, but to miss out purely because you dont pay £3.75 for their over priced catalogue is in my opinion a tad unfair.
I know they have to only select a certain amount for the VIP slots etc, but who says having the catalogue delivered and spending say £100 a year is more fair than someone who doesnt have the catalogue delivered and spends £500 per year.
I will probably continute to have it sent out to me now though. lol
Old 14 Jul 11, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I think though that its a bit unfair to not qualify for a slot when the only criteria is that you dont want the directory, Up until recently I didnt have the directory as I did everything on line. The other criteria yes you can expect them to show loyalty to those who spend lots on their next account, the other criteria being paying balance on time, keeping two thirds of items etc, which yes I can understand most of this, but to miss out purely because you dont pay £3.75 for their over priced catalogue is in my opinion a tad unfair.
I know they have to only select a certain amount for the VIP slots etc, but who says having the catalogue delivered and spending say £100 a year is more fair than someone who doesnt have the catalogue delivered and spends £500 per year.
I will probably continute to have it sent out to me now though. lol
I don't want to prolong this but... I don't disagree with you at all and think it is a little naughty of NEXT to only include those who pay for the directory.

What I find unfair (to repeat myself) is people who say yes to the directory, have a VIP slot and then cancel the directory without paying for it.

Maybe some people feel they can justify it, but the truth is that it is cheating and unfair to those who adhere to the conditions!

That's all I wanted to say, happy shopping!
Old 14 Jul 11, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
You dont have to "repeat" yourself Heather as mine was the only post between yours and this last one of yours, you must have aimed that part at me., I wasnt at all aiming it at you,
I wanted to have my say, you know, my opinion.
Old 14 Jul 11, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
The-JAXX
Imagineer

The-JAXX's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've had a next account for years( don't have the next directory delivered cancelled that years ago) and never been offered a VIP slot.Last week I had an an email to offer me a VIP slot if I was to have the directory, so I accepted that offer. I think by paying £3.75 was worth it for what I've saved on my sale items. :
DLP-May02,Oct05,April08,FLORIDA- May03,Holiday inn,Xmas04QualityInnApril06VillasofSomerset/RPR,Aug07BahamaBay/RPR,Dec08 BahamaBay,Aug10 BahamaBay/HRH,Feb11 New York,Aug11 Cypress,Aug12 BahamaBay/Vegas,Feb14 BahamaBay,Aug14 Sanfran/Vegas/LA,Aug15 Bahamabay/Aug16 vegas/monteray /san diego/Mar17 NewYork/Dec17 Disney Cruise/Bahama Bay/Jun18 Florida/Sep18 Seattle/Hawaii/Dec18 Florida/Feb19 ParisDisney/Jun19 Barbados/Dec19 Bahama Bay
The-JAXX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread