Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 13, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Daisycoco View Post
No reply from them yet about the number of issues.

My kids are very happy with the Mickey cookie cutter in the 99p Issue - our cookie dough is currently chilling in the fridge.

I am tempted to sign up for at least the first 4 weeks to get all of the freebies. I think a lot of these subscriptions rely on people forgetting to cancel their direct debits promptly if they decide to cancel later on.

I would also prefer issues to be released monthly - it would be well worth £1 a week to manage my Disney blues until we can afford to go back to Florida.
The freebies are sent out per delivery, which I understood the magazines are to be billed and sent for 4 at a time, which would mean 5 months before getting the final gift of the nozzles.

I'm still tempted though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

I've subscribed , I couldn't resist. If t turns ou to be a load of cods wallop I'll cancel my subscription x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisycoco
Proud to wear my Ears

I have signed up with a credit card that expires in a couple of months so that it won't be too difficult to cancel if it turns out to be a disappointment.

The Mickey cookie cutter worked fine so we are happy for the moment. Tomorrow we are going to try out the Winnie-the-Pooh stencil on some fairy cakes.

I expect it will be on sale at most newsagents. Our newsagent was saying that these collections are usually advertised on TV but that she hadn't seen anything so far.
Daisycoco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

I think 3.99 a week will be worth it for the kids to just have a go. You spend more than that trying to entertaining them at the weekend. I know you have to add ingredients but I normally have them in anyway
Happy baking xx

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisycoco
Proud to wear my Ears

Happy baking to you too!

PS Your 2013 holiday plans look fab - exactly what we are hoping to do in 2015.
Daisycoco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 13, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mowusu
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the heads up on this as I haven't seen this anywhere yet. Just subscribed
Old 14 Feb 13, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I showed my husband this and it was laughing his head off, he thought it was amazing that someone had made something that sums me up completely. It combines my two loves, baking and disney! I think I am going to have to subscribe.
Old 14 Feb 13, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

Think there will be quite a few issues as they send out binders (at £6.99 each) after every 16 issues - could work out expensive !
Old 14 Feb 13, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Daisycoco
Proud to wear my Ears

During the signup process you can opt out of receiving any "extra" items - I have elected not to receive extra binders or anything else over and above the regular weekly issue.

I should think that you can order these extra items separately if you change your mind later on.

I just couldn't resist in the end. It might turn out to be really good fun.

Although I may look back (1000 issues later maybe!) and wonder whether I should have used the money to put towards another trip to Florida!
Old 14 Feb 13, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Eagle Moss are a nightmare! My DH started collecting the superhero figures. At £5.99 a fortnight. Then they send you the special one at about £12.99 every couple of months, then the bases for them to sit on and the folders to put your magazines in, all charge for of course.

They said there would be 50 editions. Ok I love my hubby so I let him sign up. When it reached 75 I made him ring and ask when it would end. They said at 100, so I let him keep collecting. Its finally reached 130 ish before it stopped 2 weeks ago. (Do I really love him that much )
I found the welcome letter yesterday dated March 2008! Eeek.

The only good thing is you can cancel your subscription at any time with them. So get all the goodies and then definitely cancel when you have what you want.

My DH wanted the whole set though. Which by the way now has its own display cabinet in my front room :angry:
Closed Thread