Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 14, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Yes, I tried Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Miami, Sanford.

26th July will be a cheap date to return as that's only one week after the schools breakup.

I'm not trying to be awkward, I actually totally agree with your message. But I think that late July/early August is a very expensive time, and I know a lot of people were disappointed this year as they had high hopes of finding a bargain and they couldn't.
returning on 6 august is same price.

That before I really start to look, but turn it around, if its the student scenario why not move it to the autumn holiday, still 25 degrees in orlando, 350 quid a flight, is that not an option ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 14, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by drspear View Post
returning on 6 august is same price.

That before I really start to look, but turn it around, if its the student scenario why not move it to the autumn holiday, still 25 degrees in orlando, 350 quid a flight, is that not an option ?
not if you want to go for 2 weeks.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 14, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
I've looked at Ireland too before and found the same thing

I would think 3k would be our absolute maximum budget for flights, our worst case scenario. Very worrying, I don't like not having flights booked. Have always booked flights first in the past.
ok so are you looking to book for this year, can you give the details of your party and dates and can price it out
Old 1 May 14, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

ok so are you looking to book for this year, can you give the details of your party and dates and can price it out
No, next year, dates are 30th June to 14th July. 4 adults
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 14, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

not if you want to go for 2 weeks.
yes 19 july to 6 august

26 july to 12 august - 619 return

all ba, prices same for west palm beach as well
Old 1 May 14, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I meant we can't go in the Autumn if we want to go for 2 weeks.

In order to fit in a 2 week holiday we are restricted to Christmas, Easter or the summer holidays. Christmas and Easter are extortionate as you can only fly on a single day in order to get back in time, so no flexiblity at all, which leaves the early summer.

£619 is a good price - I would have been more than happy to have paid that, but I wouldn't have made it to May to book for August. My nerves were shot by March!
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 14, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
No, next year, dates are 30th June to 14th July. 4 adults
OK so try Fort Lauderdale, you should see 520 per head

Go through Copenhagen it comes away down to nearer 400 per head

You remind me of another important point over the years that I have discovered saving money on flights

Airline have seasons and you can find these out, normally its something like

6 Jan - 31 March - very low season
1 April - 30 June - mid season
1 July - 20 Sept - mega high season
21 Sept - 26 Oct - mid season
26 Oct - 15 Dec - very low season
15 Dec - 6 Jan - mega high season

So quite literally lets say the date next year is June 29 that the mega high season kicks in

London to Orlando would be
leave June 28 - 400 return
leave June 29 - 700 return

Its as critical as that sometimes, and if you aren't governed by school or work restrictions, you can build your dates around the cheapest flights instead of other way round
Old 1 May 14, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post

I meant we can't go in the Autumn if we want to go for 2 weeks.

In order to fit in a 2 week holiday we are restricted to Christmas, Easter or the summer holidays. Christmas and Easter are extortionate as you can only fly on a single day in order to get back in time, so no flexiblity at all, which leaves the early summer.

£619 is a good price - I would have been more than happy to have paid that, but I wouldn't have made it to May to book for August. My nerves were shot by March!
Yes well you do need patience, have faith in the system, I have never failed yet and I go on 3 pretty big holidays per year. USA on April and October for 2 weeks, and Europe for a week in July, I know already that's my model for 2015, so already looking for any sales.
Old 1 May 14, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

OK so try Fort Lauderdale, you should see 520 per head

Go through Copenhagen it comes away down to nearer 400 per head

You remind me of another important point over the years that I have discovered saving money on flights

Airline have seasons and you can find these out, normally its something like

6 Jan - 31 March - very low season
1 April - 30 June - mid season
1 July - 20 Sept - mega high season
21 Sept - 26 Oct - mid season
26 Oct - 15 Dec - very low season
15 Dec - 6 Jan - mega high season

So quite literally lets say the date next year is June 29 that the mega high season kicks in

London to Orlando would be
leave June 28 - 400 return
leave June 29 - 700 return

Its as critical as that sometimes, and if you aren't governed by school or work restrictions, you can build your dates around the cheapest flights instead of other way round
Thanks this is all great!
We can't go earlier because of exams, and although we are tied that way (exam schedule) we cannot go in school holidays due to hubby's work and annual leave schedule sadly.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 14, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Great Thread

Message is exactly correct its a hassle v cost argument with various jumping off points along the way when your hassle limit is reached.

We have always found Thursdays a good day to travel with the added benefit that on return you have Friday - Sunday to get ready for work.

We have gone every conceivable UK route from Scotland and once via Iceland.

Paying as little as £200 and £600 this year EDI - Chicago - MCO in Mid June for 3 weeks.

It takes a little work and the capacity to accept at least on a theoretic level, as touch wood we have never had problems, that it might not go exactly according to plan.

The difference is that shaving the flight costs enables us to take summer holidays to Florida every year as opposed to full cost flights which would restrict us.

Now that our children are post school we will in all likelihood look at different times and to be honest the thought of tagging on a day at either end for a European based departure if the price is right is certainly worth considering.

More power to you!
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread